X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JonMarsh
    Mad Max Moderator
    • Aug 2000

BattleStar Galactaca 2004

Well, the mini-series remake of BattleStar Galactaca took an intriguing spin, (IMO) on the old warhorse, with an edgier plot concept, new ideas, and a bucket ful of directions the plot threads could spin off to.

They got a series TV production going, in conjuction with SKY TV in the UK, and the first season been released over here in US format just recently. My daughter had given me a gift certificate from Best Buy for Father's day, so this seemed like a good cause to use it for.

The series doesn't disaapoint, and builds on the quality evident in the miniseries, based on veiwing the first several episodes. There's a plot subthread which is going on Caprica, in addition to the main thread with the Battlestar Galacta and civilian ships. It's about personalities and conflict internal as well as external; I'm enjoying it quite a bit and find I need to "ration" myself to stretch them out- otherwise I'd sit down and watch four episodes at a wack.

~Jon
    the AudioWorx
    Natalie P
    M8ta
    Modula Neo DCC
    Modula MT XE
    Modula Xtreme
    Isiris
    Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
    Minerva Monitor
    Calliope
    Ardent D

In Development...
    Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
    Obi-Wan
    Saint-Saƫns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
    Modula PWB
    Calliope CC Supreme
    Natalie P Ultra
    Natalie P Supreme
    Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
    Just ask Mr. Ohm....
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

I saw this in my local Best Buy but wasn't sure what it was about - whether it was a cheap knock-off or what. Now that you've put this out Jon, it sounds really interesting. Thanks.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Sithlord
      • Aug 2004

One of the best Sci-Fi series out there IMO. I'm really enjoying this at the moment. It's serious, confronting and the characters are excellent and the effects are great as well. Check it out.

Comment

• Chris D
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Dec 2000

I'm REALLY enjoying this series. I did notice that it was out on DVD. Maybe you guys can help clarify, though--I see TWO different DVD's out of Battlestar Galactica the new series... what's the difference between the two?
        CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
        - Pleasantville

Comment

• EAmin
          • Aug 2004

There is a dvd release of the original mini-series. However, Season 1 was released on 9/20. It includes all S1 episodes and the mini-series. The extras are really good too. The (mid-season) finale for S2 was a week or two ago, but is set to return in January. I can't wait. They are planning another DVD release in December --- some info from thedigitalbits.com:

Universal has announced the DVD release of SciFi's Battlestar Galactica: Season 2.0 on 12/20. The 3-disc set (SRP $49.98) will include the just aired first half of the show's second season - 10 episodes in all, plus extras. As with the first season, the episodes will be presented in anamorphic widescreen with Dolby Digital 5.1 audio. We expect the bonus material to include all of Ron Moore's podcast commentaries, deleted scenes, behind-the-scenes featurettes and an extended version of the mid-season finale, Pegasus (that according to Ron himself). FYI, the latter half of the second season debuts on SciFi in January.

Comment

• Chris D
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Dec 2000

Weird that they're putting so much of a break into season 2.
            CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
            - Pleasantville

Comment

• Brandon B
              Super Senior Member
              • Jun 2001

You will see 2 different versions of season 1. Best buy had an exclusive for an earlier season 1 set that is the UK release (although it is region 1 here). It is a 4 disk set that does not include the miniseries.

The second one, which came out and eveyone carries, is a 5 disk set with the miniseries included. The version above, plus the separate miniseries disks do give you, I believe, everything on the new release, extras and all.

Why are they splitting season 2. Hmmmm. $?

BB

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"