X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • june
    • Feb 2005

Battlestar Galactica

Hello All,

On the season finale of BATTLESTAR GALACTICA, what did STARBUCK say to the CHIEF when he asked her "WHAT DO WE DO NOW CAPTAIN?"
    Our Comcast cable in the Philly area was having major clitches during the last minute of the show.

June
    June
    "IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN, YOU PLAN TO FAIL"
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Aha, another fan of the new BSG! She said, "same thing we've always, done, Chief... fight 'em until we can't."

Unfortunately, I've been travelling a lot lately, (it's my job) so I've missed many of the last episodes leading up to this one, and a lot of it didn't make sense to me.

I'm not sure what to make of the episode there-- it seems to me like it will likely turn out to be a "dream sequence" or a "premonition" of things to come, perhaps that Rosalyn has, and then they'll back up and somebody will chose NOT to expose the rigged election and Baltar won't be president and none of the other things will happen either. They just jumped WAY too much down a road of destruction to make it plausible for a continued series.

So what was up with Baltar's blonde cylon girlfriend? (I forget... is she model #6?) Why did she decide to blow herself up with the nuke? It sure seems that if Baltar didn't decide to colonize the planet (or when the show does jump back to that point) she wouldn't have blown it up. Not sure why she so refused to stay with Baltar, either.

I try to keep track of how many of the Cylon clone models we've seen. So far we have:
    1. Sharon
    2. Guy in fashion suit that was the first cylon "detected" by Baltar.
    3. Scruffy guy that was the first clone cylon the humans encountered when Adama got stuck with him in the weapons depot early on.
    4. Baltar's blonde girlfriend
    5. Guy most recently exposed that was a priest. (the actor played "Al" in Quantum Leap)

Any others I missed?
    Last edited by Chris D; 24 January 2007, 00:06 Wednesday.
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• june
      • Feb 2005

Thanks
      June

Comment

• Chris D
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Dec 2000

I just watched an episode tonight on Universal HD called "Download". It was very profound. What a great, great show! They really surprise me sometimes with the great episodes.

This one must have been one that I missed in the 2nd half of the 2nd season here. They also showed another Cylon clone model that I hadn't seen before, played by Lucy Lawless. (Xena) In it, she says that she's model number 3, Baltar's blonde is Number Six, and Sharon is Number 8.

So I guess we now know half of the twelve models! Can't wait for both halves of season 2 to come out on DVD so I can catch up with any weeks that I missed.
        CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Shane Martin
          Super Senior Member
          • Apr 2001

Chris,
          A sling box is right up your alley. Then again it may not work with your firewall setup with regards to the military.

It'd be worth looking into.

Comment

• Chris D
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Dec 2000

Ummmm... sorry, "sling box"? :?:
            CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Shane Martin
              Super Senior Member
              • Apr 2001

Sling box is a device that connects to your home audio/video system and you can control it via the internet after you install the software on your PC.

So let's say you are in Florida on a trip and want to watch your DVR'd materials, then you connect to an IP and it controls your STB(tivo etc) and you "control" your TV remotely.

Slingbox setup your device

So theoretically you could keep up with your programs while off in the various places of the world as long as you have internet access.

Comment

• mike c
                • Dec 2005

I think the blonde cylon nuked herself so that the other cylons could detect it and eventually find them.

Comment

• Chris D
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Dec 2000

I got season 2.0 and 2.5 on DVD for Christmas, (basically season 2 broken up into two halves) and am working my way through them. I still very much enjoy this show, perhaps we can get some more discussion going about it.

We now have more Cylon models identified. So far, the ones I remember are:

1. Sharon (Boomer)
                  2. Guy in fashion suit that was the first cylon "detected" by Baltar.
                  3. Scruffy guy that was the first clone cylon the humans encountered when Adama got stuck with him in the weapons depot early on. Adama killed him.
                  4. Baltar's blonde girlfriend (Number 6, her name is, the only one identified so far with a number)
                  5. Guy most recently exposed that was a priest. (the actor played "Al" in Quantum Leap)
                  6. The black doctor that imprisoned Starbuck on Caprica when she found the baby-making factory
                  7. Lucy Lawless (Xena warrior princess)

And this could be a SUPER spoiler, do not hover over it unless you're into the show or have listened to the director commentaries on season 2.0

Is Helo (Lt. Agathon) also a cylon?

In one commentary, Ronald Moore and David Eick were talking, and remarked to each other, "huh... gee, I wonder why Helo gets along so well with Sharon." "Is he a cylon too?" wink, wink.

In the episode where they make the stealth fighter, at the end, somebody asks, "Helo, how did you think up carbon composites for the skin?" He didn't answer
                  CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Chris D
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Dec 2000

Here's another thread we had going about BSG, to include it.
                    CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• june
                      • Feb 2005

The bomber?

Hello,

Who was the bomber on last night show 03/11/07? I must have missed something last night, the name was said but......

Please send the answer to donaldsonjune@yahoo.com
                      June

Comment

• David Meek
                        Moderator Emeritus
                        • Aug 2000

Sorry June, missed the name.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Chris D
                          Moderator Emeritus
                          • Dec 2000

Unfortunately, I've missed several episodes, and am lost at this point. I'm going to wait until the next DVD comes out.

But :wtf: is up with them killing off Starbuck? Is she really dead?
                          CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• ToddAnisman
                            • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Chris D
                            Unfortunately, I've missed several episodes, and am lost at this point. I'm going to wait until the next DVD comes out.

But :wtf: is up with them killing off Starbuck? Is she really dead?

Chris-

iTunes. 1.99 and you can catch up yourmissed episodes. But Starbuck (Huge Spoiler)isn't dead, she's actually a CYLON!!!!!

Comment

• Chris D
                              Moderator Emeritus
                              • Dec 2000

I'm resisting that last spoiler so I don't get... spoiled. I'll wait for the DVD, I think.
                              CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• june
                                • Feb 2005

????

ToddA,

The Starbuck thing was 2 weeks ago, who was responsible for the bombings last Sunday? The mentioned a name, " " but this person wasn't being interrigated.
                                June

Comment

• eddiespaghetti
                                  • Sep 2006

I haven't gotten into the show all that much. When it first started on Sci-Fi, it was billed as "A Sci-Fi original series", yet the trailers for the first shows looked remarkably similar to the Lorne Greene version from eons ago.

Is it me, or am I missing something - same basic story line, similarly (if not identically) named characters, same "enemy", yet 20 years after the fact, Sci-Fi brands it as an original series.

Not trying to slam the show (or fire up some blow torches) - I am just a bit curious.

Comment

• Chris D
                                    Moderator Emeritus
                                    • Dec 2000

eddie, you're right, the basic concept of the show is the same--a small group of human survivors, travelling in a spaceship fleet, doing battle with the machine cylons. There are some characters with the same names as the original. However, if you watch the show, you'll find that it is MUCH more enhanced than the original. Much more to the storyline, much more character development. Both the protagonists and the antagonists are very different, being only similar to the original with names.

As to whether it could really be called a true "original series", I couldn't say. For me, it's unimportant, though.
                                    CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• eddiespaghetti
                                      • Sep 2006

Thanks for the info. I remember watching the original original in my younger days, and it seemed pretty cheesy then. The clips/ads/promos I have seen on Sci-Fi look interesting, but it is a case of "too many shows, so little time".

Comment

• mikegunnz
                                        • Jan 2007

I started on this show a few months back and need to get the dvds, its great. Didn't think I'd be that into it....really bc I thought it would be like the original from the 70s. Definately is MUCH MUCH better show.

Comment

• june
                                          • Feb 2005

Season Finale?

What did you think? What do think about the new Cylons?
                                          June

Comment

• Chris D
                                            Moderator Emeritus
                                            • Dec 2000

Gonna wait for season 3 on DVD, so I can watch all the shows I missed...
                                            CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Chris D
                                              Moderator Emeritus
                                              • Dec 2000

So what the hell is up with BSG? First, we should have seen season 3 on DVD by now, so I can catch up.

Then, season 4 isn't even starting on time--they're delaying it for another 3-4 months or something. Apparently, we're going to see a mini-movie from BSG, showing the first mission of Pegasus under Lee Adama, with flashbacks to Pegasus' past.

And NOW, I hear that this is going to be the last season of BSG! Bummer.
                                              CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
                                              Searching...Please wait.
                                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                              There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                              Search Result for "|||"