• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • audioqueso
    Super Senior Member
    • Nov 2004

Hitch

Just bought this DVD.
    I'm actually surprised by this movie. I thought it was going to be the regular cheesy jokes that Will Smith always has, but it was good. It was actually a really funny movie and definitely worth watching more than once. Don't want to give it all away, but I would recommend it.
    I haven't checked out any of the other features on the DVDs cause I never do, but I give it 4 stars out of 5.

:4:
    Last edited by audioqueso; 21 July 2005, 06:39 Thursday.
    B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720
  • Shane Martin
    Super Senior Member
    • Apr 2001

I was enjoyable I do say. I laughed quite a bit.

I gave it a 7 out of 10.

Comment

• Danbry39
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Sep 2002

I really enjoyed the movie. Perhaps not great in the truest sense, but very entertaining. Will Smith is a very charismatic, charming performer.

As a matter of fact, I went out and bought it because I knew it would be right up the interest alley of the rest of the family.
      Keith

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2001

Hitch is one of those types of films I have to be in the right mood for.
        My Homepage!

Comment

• aud19
          Twin Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2003

We just watched it lastnight

Overall pretty good, it was funny, the characters were likeable and had chemistry. the only things holding be back from giving it 4out 5 stars is the soundtrack which was just "good" even for a dialogue driven film (I tend to use "Under the Tuscan Sun" as a good measuring stick for dialogue based films) The dialogue also seemed a bit low to me. That and although entertaining it's not exactly orginal or groundbreaking. If it was less formulaic, it would have likely pushed it to 4.

Otherwise a good, solid :35: out of :5:
          Jason

Comment

• David Meek
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

Originally posted by George Bellefontaine
            Hitch is one of those types of films I have to be in the right mood for.
            Me too George, generally. Although, with Jen and Katheryn both gaving it a big "thumbs up", and with me being a Will Smith fan, I'll have give it a quick rent.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Nick M
              Ultra Senior Member
              • Nov 2004

Not a big Will Smith fan when he's trying to act trendy. I loved Ali, but I never got wound up over films like Independance Day or iRobot.

I think I'll pass on this one.
              ~Nick

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2000

I saw this on a date with Glenda and we liked it enough i'll likely buy it

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Jan 2001

Originally posted by Andrew Pratt
                  I saw this on a date with Glenda and we liked it enough i'll likely buy it
                  I hope that's your Glenda you're dating and not another Glenda...
                  My Homepage!

Comment

• Foxman
                    • Jan 2003

We really liked this movie. I am a bit of a Will Smith fan, so I knew I would purchase the movie as I really felt it would be funny and was not dissapointed.

I say 3.5 out of 5
                    IMO

My Movies
                    Bad Pics of my system

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"