• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nick M
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Nov 2004

The Forgotten

Rented It

Better than I thought it was going to be.
    An interesting suspense/thriller that had me watching with a fixed eye. Great job in casting, and the acting was top notch. There were some jumpy scenes that gave me a grin. You'll know them when you see them.

Unfortunately, this is the type of movie that is a one-time wonder. Once you know whats around the corner, its not worth watching again.

A definite must rent. :T

:3: out of :5:
    ~Nick
  • Foxman
    • Jan 2003

This movie had two scenes that darn near made me jump off the sofa. You can't go wrong with a movie that makes you want to jump.

Worthy of at least a rental, I own it though.
    IMO

My Movies
    Bad Pics of my system

Comment

• Frustrated
      • Jan 2005

I saw it a couple of days ago, and I was pleasantly surprised. IMO the critics were a little harsh. Definitely not a cheap B movie. The movie is basically one long chase. Definitely worth a look. :T

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Yup we enjoyed it as well. The extended version's ending was nice to help fill in the story a bit but I can see why they ended it like they did.

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2001

SOUND was certainly STARTLING at times... I damn near fell out of my chair. All in all, I found it entertaining. I like anything Julianne Moore is in.
          My Homepage!

Comment

• Chris D
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Dec 2000

Me too, George... she has a nice look to her.
            CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
            - Pleasantville

Comment

• Adz
              • Jan 2004

WOOOOW is about all I can say.
              I though the picture quality was stunning - very HD like.
              And the sound quality in the movie soundtrack should be a model for all new movies out there!

Just spectacular - definitely in my top 20 for best SQ of all time. Big time aggressive use of surrounds with deep bass coming through all channels, and simply intense LFE. No matter how low we turned down the volume, the intensity just stayed. IF you can run your speakers as large - this is the movie to do it with and notice the difference from the typical small w/80 Xover. But be careful, some scenes could damage your drivers!
              Adz

Comment

• Brandon B
                Super Senior Member
                • Jun 2001

While I like this movie, I did think the ending was lacking:

The implacable alien whose intelligence and motives are completely beyond our comprehension, grows frustrated, angry and worried, because he is about to miss a deadline and his bosses will be so peeved. An example of something I find so irritating in many movies lately. The omnipotent calm and unflappable antagonist who has flawlesly controlled/manipulated/outguessed the protagonist throughout the movie, goes completely out of character in a role reversal at the end and is defeated. Same thing bothered me about The Recruit.

Up to that, though, agree. Liked the "jump" moments quite a bit, and enjoyed the movie overall.

BB

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Aug 2000

Brandon that's one reason I prefered the alternate ending.

Comment

• Brandon B
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Jun 2001

Ah. Must confess I saw this on a 747 nanotheater (7"LCD and headphones) and so have not had the opportunity to see the alternate ending.

Other info gained from that flight:

Home on the Range may well be the worst animated movie my employer has ever released (story wise. The animation was fine).
                    Mr. 3000 was entirely watchable and not at all lame as I had expected it to be.
                    Wimbledon was a bit sappy but an acceptable romcom.
                    Catwoman is as bad as ever (but may be just a bit better than HotR).
                    And mostly, I am really tired of flying to Japan (10 trips in 14 months, 2 to go).

BB

Comment

• freon
                      • Mar 2005

I have watched this title 3 times now, I keep getting people to come over who have not watched it just to get their reaction to that first scene that the car lights approaching them from the side...then SMASH!!!
                      (of course im turning up the volume quite a bit to get a better reaction from the viewers :P). That scene alone usually keeps the heart racing and keeping close eye for another jumpy scene.
                      My Media room construction page

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                        Moderator Emeritus
                        • Jan 2001

Yeah, I damn near jumped out of my skin when that scene came up.
                        My Homepage!

Comment

• Nick M
                          Ultra Senior Member
                          • Nov 2004

Thats one scene I never get tired of. They have similar scenes in Adaptation and Office Space.
                          ~Nick

Comment

• Azeke
                            Super Senior Member
                            • Mar 2003

Enjoyed this film viewed the alternate ending, very good PQ and SQ. The car scene was definitely intense, to say the least. Worthy of at least a rental, 3 1/2 out of 5 star rating, IMHO.

Regards,

Azeke

Comment

• David Meek
                              Moderator Emeritus
                              • Aug 2000

I enjoyed it too. It's a technically well done movie with a generally interesting plot, and characters you want to like. I've got to agree with Brandon on the theatrical ending. It also left me with several more questions than answers. The alternate was a bit more in line with the rest of the story and overall was more satisfying and complete. Having said that, the theatrical version while lacking was kind of satisfying in one respect in that the alien running the experiment got his in the end. Oh well, add them together and divide by two. . . .

The car crash scene and the NSA agent being taken in the cabin were both nasty - I LIKED them! :yesnod:

All in all I'd say it's a :25: out of :5:.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Shane Martin
                                Super Senior Member
                                • Apr 2001

Didn't really like this one. I'd say the name of the movie fits ... "Forgotten".

I'm with the critics on this one.

Comment

• Dean McManis
                                  Moderator Emeritus
                                  • May 2003

The movie looked like and interesting premise, and the trailer sucked me into renting the DVD. I wasn't expecting much, so I ended up being pleased with this movie, and glad that I rented it.

Comment

• aud19
                                    Twin Moderator Emeritus
                                    • Aug 2003

Watched this a couple nights ago and... :T Pretty much agree with what's been said. Poor Jazz was half bent over scratching her leg at the exact time the car crash happened, I think she nearly pee'd herself :lol: That and the "vacuum" scenes were definitely stand outs. Decent-good story, good acting, great soundtrack and PQ. Definitely worth a rental, maybe a purchase but more for demo material. As Nick said, once you know what's around the corner.... still, good demo material for friends who haven't seen it

Oh and Julianne..... :T :drool: (Reall any attractive redhead does :banana: to me though.... :lol: )
                                    Jason

Comment

Working...
                                    Searching...Please wait.
                                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                    Search Result for "|||"