X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Interesting Upcoming Movies

Here's a few movies that are coming out in the first part of this year that caught my eye. How about you?

February 13th:

The Great Raid - Set in the Philippines in 1945, THE GREAT RAID tells the true story of the 6th Ranger Battalion, under the command of Lieutenant Colonel Henry Mucci played by Benjamin Bratt who undertake a daring rescue mission against all odds. Traveling thirty miles behind enemy lines, the 6th Ranger Battalion aims to liberate over 500 American prisonersof-war from the notorious Cabanatuan Japanese POW camp in the most audacious rescue ever.

February 25th:

The Passion Of Christ - A film detailing the final hours and crucifixion of Jesus Christ. Jim Cavaziel stars, Mel Gibson directs.

February 27th:

Twisted - A police officer played by Ashley Judd becomes the target of a murder investigation when her former lovers started dying around her. Samuel Jackson, Andy Garcia, David Strathairn star.

March 5th:

Hidalgo - Set in 1890, this is the story of a Pony Express courier played by Viggo Mortensen, who travels to Saudi Arabia to compete with his horse, Hidalgo, in a dangerous race for a massive contest prize, in an adventure that sends the pair around the world.

Starsky & Hutch - Two streetwise cops, Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson, bust criminals in their red-and-white Ford Torino with the help of a police snitch called Huggy Bear played by Snoop Dogg. Okay, call this one a guilty pleasure. . . .
    :

March 12th:

Spartan - A "lone wolf" U.S. government secret agent, played by Val Kilmer, is assigned the task of rescuing the kidnapped daughter of the president, only to discover along the way a larger, more sinister plot with origins within the White House itself.

March 19th:

Taking Lives - An FBI profiler is called in by French Canadian police to catch a serial killer who takes on the identity of each new victim. Stars Angelina Jolie, Ethan Hawke, Keifer Sutherland.

March 26th:

The Ladykillers - Okay, just how hard can it be to knock off one little old lady? This remake of the 1955 comedy stars Tom Hanks.

David - HTGuide flunky
    Our "Theater"
    Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

The Passion interests me. I'm hearing reports from around the world of people uneasy with the production of this movie. Not that it distorts the truth, but that it possibly is "too" truthful and adheres to the Bible. Jewish organizations are uneasy that Hebrews may be depicted as responsible for the death of Christ. And the Pope and the Vatican are in the news with this too, on cnn.com today.

I went and saw the original Passion Play in Oberammagau, Germany in 2000. It only plays every 10 years and is presented in German. Even though I can't understand German, it was quite moving. I don't know how any story that tries to correctly depict biblical stories of such magnitude could not touch a person. (there was another American sitting next to me during the play who was quite fussy that it was in German and must have had attention deficit, which was really distracting, but that's another story)

CHRIS
    Luke: "Hey, I'm not such a bad pilot myself, you know"
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

Nice list, Tex. Some of these piqued my interest.

My Homepage!
      My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"