X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ShadowZA
    Super Senior Member
    • Jan 2006

Breathing life into your passion

Here's a friend (Nicolaas Van Den Bergh) whom I've known for many years who is following his passion ... making music. There's something in Nic's voice that takes me back to the days of listening to Chris Rea, Joe Cocker and even a hint of Mark Knopfler. (Btw, Justin Bergh is Nic's son)

To the studios of one of the worlds most exciting new artists. MyÂSongs reflect the inspirations, memories and images that have driven me to record such stimulating moments in time into songs in South Africa

To listen to some of Nic's tracks:

NICOLAAS VAN DEN BERGH's profile including the latest music, albums, songs, music videos and more updates.

My passion is listening to music and were it not for folk such as Nic (and Justin), my passion would not be sustainable.
    :T
  • bigburner
    Super Senior Member
    • May 2005

Great stuff ShadowZA!

I've just finished listening to all 10 tracks and I enjoyed them all.

Who are Nicolaas's main influences? I would guess Bob Dylan. Maybe even a bit of Leonard Cohen in there also. Perhaps Van Morrison too? Even Mark Knopfler. Possibly David Bowie. Lou Reed definitely (maybe!). I'm guessing as you can tell but I'd be interested to know.

Having musical friends is an absolute blessing. Whilst I love recorded music and live performance, having a sing-along with my musical friends trumps them all.

Nigel.

Comment

• ShadowZA
      Super Senior Member
      • Jan 2006

Thanks Nigel. You're absolutely correct ... there's definitely Bob Dylan's influence in Nic's work.

Dylan's influence is huge out there. I recall (with my limited ability to play only the basic chords) strumming my guitar & singing his 1965 song "Mr Tambourine Man" too long ago, when records & tapes were king & the CD had not yet been called upon for active duty.

Man, those were the days.

Got to keep them alive! :T

Comment

• ShadowZA
        Super Senior Member
        • Jan 2006

A reply from Nic: "... thank you Nigel...greatly appreciated. My early influences were Bob Dylan.. the early songs by The Rolling Stones, Eagles and Beatles. Have a listen as well to my son Justins stuff. www.myspace.com/justinbergh. Best Regards Nic"

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"