X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Patrick Sun
    Super Senior Member
    • Aug 2000

Y Tu Mama Tambien - a review

Very good film. I haven't laughed that hard in quite a while. The script is just spot on entertaining. Be forewarned that it's got plenty of frank sex dialog and scenes. So if you (or someone you're seeing it with is prudish), this is not the film for you (or them). But this film is worth seeking out in the smaller theaters because it's just really really good cinema with more than just the surface level at work.

I give it a grade of A, or 4 stars out of 4.

PatCave; HT Pix;Gear;DIY Projects;DVDs; LDs
  • Burke Strickland
    • Sep 2001

Here's what I got from your review: It is apparently a comedy. You liked it and laughed a lot while watching it. But it isn't for prudes. It is worth seeking out if you aren't a prude.

OK, I'm not a prude, but since I have never heard of this movie before, and therefore haven't read anything about it other than your review, I still have no idea what the movie is about (other than containing some frank sex dialog and scenes which generate some laughs along the way). Could you give us a hint or two in even the most general terms (without giving away TOO much) what the premise of the plot is, main characters, locale where it is set, etcetera, so we can get an idea of what the movie offers ?(besides frank sex dialog and scenes, which I imagine I'll enjoy, but I'd also kind of like to know about the content with the "redeeming social value", too) :>)

Thanks -

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• Patrick Sun
      Super Senior Member
      • Aug 2000

IMDB's plot description:

In Mexico, two teenage boys and an attractive older woman embark on a road trip and learn a thing or two about life, friendship, sex, and each other.

This is really a good film. I urge you all to seek it out if it's playing in a theater near you.

Comment

• David Meek
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Patrick, is this an English dialog film, or Spanish with English sub-titles?

David - HTGuide flunky
        Our "Theater"
        Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Patrick Sun
          Super Senior Member
          • Aug 2000

Spanish with English subtitles. But don't let this be an impediment to seeing this film.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"