X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ovation
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

NASCAR, Pirates and Robots

A weekend alone with my 11 year old son, coupled with crappy weather, led to a big movie-going weekend last weekend. He loved Cars 3, Pirates 5 and the 5th robot movie.

Cars 3--better than 2 and well worth the viewing if you're a fan of the first one. Gets back to McQueen as the central character, dials Mater WAAAYYY down and goes in an unexpected direction. 4/5 stars

Pirates--some amusing moments, but only if you're a serious fan and/or completist (for adults--kids probably love it as much as mine die).2.5/5 stars (adult), 3.5/5 for kids.

Robots--if your kids are fans (mine loves everything Transformers). Nothing much of adults except about 5-10 mins of scattered entertainment OR for admirers of slick special effects (if you can divorce that from the insipid "story"). 2/5 stars (adult--for F/X fans--1/5 otherwise). 4/5 for the kid fans.

I'm looking forward to Dunkirk. Will do my best to catch it at the large format IMAX in town.
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"