X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • crytklmass
    • Dec 2008

Star Trek

Sorry, I have to vent.... I am a Star Wars, Star Trek, Sci-Fi fan.
    but please............................................ ..... How many f'ing time's can they use time travel in there movies... um let's see this makes movie (#11 I think) and 80% of the frickin movie's has involved time travel. Enough already....
    BOB
  • M.Roberts8
    • Jan 2006

I didn't mind the time travel in this case, it was necessary IMO to re-boot the franchise and give the actors the freedom to make the characters their own. Otherwise you end up with young actors trying to imitate the original cast and well that's just a recipe for suck.

IMO this was the best Star Trek movie since Wrath of Kahn or Search for Spock. The only two trek movies I enjoyed growing up. I hope JJ Abrahms keeps it up, though he needs to cut down on the close ups. I even got my Fiance to watch it and she hates all the trek movies, she likes the OG TV series though. She really liked it, it kinda killed her to admit it but she liked it.

I don't recall time travel in any Star Wars movie. :huh:
    Star Trek however has done it more than once I believe but hopefully now they can just focus on the stories.
    Last edited by M.Roberts8; 29 December 2009, 21:36 Tuesday.

Comment

• technodanvan
      Super Senior Member
      • Nov 2009

Well thanks to this movie the time travel in the other movies never happened, right? So basically it's an original idea now!

Kinda.
      - Danny

Comment

• impala454
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2007

Just curious, how do you arrive at 80% of Star Trek movies involving time travel? Off the top of my head the ones I recall using time travel are 4: Voyage Home, 7: Generations, 8: First Contact, and now 11: Abrahm's . That's 4 of 11? Admittedly I may be forgetting something, it's been a while since I've seen them all.
        -Chuck

Comment

• Alaric
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Jan 2006

Maybe I'm just old , but sci-fi on tv is a treat and I tend to take what I'm presented with. Time travel is a fun venue.
          It leaves every story line open and allows the storyteller to use the original "reality" as an anchor.
          Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
          Marantz PM-KI Pearl
          Schiit Modi 3
          Marantz CD5005
          Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• Brandon B
            Super Senior Member
            • Jun 2001

Originally posted by impala454
            Just curious, how do you arrive at 80% of Star Trek movies involving time travel? Off the top of my head the ones I recall using time travel are 4: Voyage Home, 7: Generations, 8: First Contact, and now 11: Abrahm's . That's 4 of 11? Admittedly I may be forgetting something, it's been a while since I've seen them all.
            Spock made hours seem like days in II. :B

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"