X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

5 Flights Up

New movie starring Diane Keaton and Morgan Freeman as a couple living in NYC, approaching senior citizen age. They reach a point in their lives where they want to make a life change and, after living in their apartment for decades, sell their apartment and move.

I thought I wouldn't like this movie, as Freeman and Keaton don't seem like a likely couple. Well, no, they don't have the best of chemistries on screen, but I've seen worse. This isn't a profound movie with a deep message, but does work as a nice study of one particular couple, moving on to a new chapter in their lives. New Yorkers will probably have extra appreciation for the film, set in the city and showing culture fairly unique to NYC. The rest of us will find it a little strange, with everybody embracing a "screw you" attitude in everyday life and all relationships, not to mention how out-of-touch it seems to the rest of the world to see people easily buying and selling $1 Million apartments, then talking to each other about small-potato budgets, saying "hey, we're not rich".

There's a small-ish-ly gratuitous side storyline about a very sick pet, which does play on the heartstrings. Overall, I did enjoy this little life snapshot story, as a non-serious entertainment piece about a piece of one couple's life. :35: out of :5:
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville
  • madmac
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2010

I suppose.........I guess........sounds like a wait for the video kinda' movie, if even that!
    Dan Madden :T

Comment

• Chris D
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Dec 2000

Yeah. I saw it on HBO, so it was no extra cost. Wouldn't have been worth me paying for it, but it was a nice use of a couple hours.
      CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
      - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"