X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ovation
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

American Hustle--one of the best films of the past five years, at least

Saw this a few nights ago. Outstanding movie. Ten minutes in and I knew I was going to buy this when it's available. The acting is superb, the set design perfectly captures the era it portrays and the music (both period songs and the score) are very effectively employed. A five star film for me. Highly recommended.

PS--for any Amy Adams fans--this is one to see.;x(
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

I'll be first in line when it comes to blu-ray. I've only heard good things about this film, as well as the cast. I happen to love Amy, too, and read that she is outstanding in this movie.
    My Homepage!

Comment

• bigburner
      Super Senior Member
      • May 2005

It's definitely on my list.

Nigel.

Comment

• madmac
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2010

Yep.....I'll be there too renting this when it comes out on Blu ray!!.
        Dan Madden :T

Comment

• kmak
          Super Senior Member
          • Dec 2002

I loved this movie. I'm sure I'll buy it when available

Comment

• Chris D
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Dec 2000

I've heard some interesting things about this film, so it'll be a must-see for me as well.

(not to mention as I beat a dead horse again that I went to high school with Amy Adams, so I do enjoy her films for that aspect too)
            CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
            - Pleasantville

Comment

• Chris D
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Dec 2000

Just rented this. Not the best, but was pretty darn good. I really liked the twist at the end which was very reminiscent of "The Sting"

The thing that really grabbed me more than anything, though, was Amy Adams. And not just because of the multiple navel-deep dresses she wears without a bra. (God bless her) And not just because I knew her from way back when. I was astounded with the actress that this woman has become. Her performance, particularly in close up shots, was visceral and amazing. She has also become quite the incredibly sexy woman. I mean, back in school she was attractive and all, but she's in an entirely different class now. I'm not sure of the other nominations and awards this movie got, but Amy deserved everything she received for it, without question. I really don't think she's done, either. She has a very bright future ahead.
              CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
              - Pleasantville

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Jan 2001

I picked it up and will watch it soon. As far as Amy goes, Chris, I have always enjoyed her acting, and she has definitely evolved into a sex bomb.
                My Homepage!

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Jan 2001

Watched this last night. The story is character driven so things move slowly. But I have to say, the acting is second to none. When you see the character ( not the movie star ) then you know the actor has done his/her job. Amy is definitely the stand out. So what's with the director, anyway. How he zeroed in, camera wise, on different parts of Amy's anatomy was a bit creepy. But I loved it. I also loved the soundtrack. The film is definitely one of the best I`ve seen in a long time.
                  My Homepage!

Comment

• Ovation
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Sep 2004

The camera often provides the kind of viewing angle typical of films of the period depicted in the movie. Go back and watch some "gritty" films from the seventies and you'll see similar angles and shots.

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Jan 2001

Yeah, probably, but it still looked a bit creepy, especially the scene where Amy is walking and the camera pans down to her ass. Not that I have a problem with that . Then came the scene where Amy gets in a car and the camera pans down to her high heel shoe. That one was strange.
                      My Homepage!

Comment

• aud19
                        Twin Moderator Emeritus
                        • Aug 2003

Originally posted by George Bellefontaine
                        ...especially the scene where Amy is walking and the camera pans down to her ass.
                        Sounds like another reason to see the movie to me! :lol:
                        Jason

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                          Moderator Emeritus
                          • Jan 2001

:W
                          Originally posted by aud19
                          Sounds like another reason to see the movie to me! :lol:
                          One of many, Jason. She doesn't wear a bra in this film. :W And there's...aww, I'll let you see for yourself.
                          My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"