Mine were:
    Juno
    Charlie's War
    Once
    No Country For Old Men
    Black Snake Moan
    American Gangster
    Zodiac

I could list more but, these were the ones that I went back for a second viewing and liked just as much the second time. I thought this was a great year for small budget films that came out of nowhere.
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

I don't go to the cinema that often any more, Bob, so the only two on your list that I have seen is Black Snake Moan and Zodiac and both are in my dvd collection and have had second viewings, with the second viewing every bit as good as the first. The other titles you mentioned are on my list and I am eager to see them.
    My Homepage!

Comment

• David Meek
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

The Kingdom and American Gangster were the two I most enjoyed. Charlie's War is on my list but I haven't had a chance to see it yet. Now, it has been a long year so I need to dig back and make sure that I'm not forgetting some. Speaking of which, has anyone seen my memory? I've misplaced it. :

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2001

Originally posted by David Meek
        I need to dig back and make sure that I'm not forgetting some. Speaking of which, has anyone seen my memory? I've misplaced it. :
        What, you too, Tex ? :P

Oh, yeah, I'd have to say The Kingdom was one of the best, too.
        My Homepage!

Comment

• Azeke
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2003

No Country for Old Men
          The Mist

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Comment

• Ovation
            Super Senior Member
            • Sep 2004

Don't know that I've seen that many 2007 films (I used to be an "opening weekend" kind of guy back in my youth, but now, with a family, living in the 'burbs, a job, ya' know--responsibilities and a life , I'm a renter/buyer and I lose track of the original year of a film). On the short list that I know were 2007 would be Zodiac (looking forward to picking up the HD DVD later this week) and Ratatouille.

Comment

• Yasvanth
              • Jun 2006

Hello film fans,

My best film of 2007 has to be the remake of 3:10 To Yuma. Far far better than the original which I have also seen. The new version is far more faster paced and fabulous acting from Russel Crow and Co and film that continues to keep the suspense and action all the way through to the very end.

Yas

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Jan 2001

I agree with Yas. See my post over in DVD Director.
                My Homepage!

Comment

• Bob
                  • Jul 2000

No doubt that 3:10 to Yuma is a fast paced shoot-um-up, which I like. I had a real problem with this film, though. Maybe I missed something but, I couldn't suspend belief and go with the idea that a hardened, career criminal, would help someone who was delivering him to prison. No, matter how much he liked him.

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Jan 2001

Originally posted by Bob
                    No doubt that 3:10 to Yuma is a fast paced shoot-um-up, which I like. I had a real problem with this film, though. Maybe I missed something but, I couldn't suspend belief and go with the idea that a hardened, career criminal, would help someone who was delivering him to prison. No, matter how much he liked him.
                    I know, Bob. I also had the same thought when I first saw the 1957 original. But I do feel the character was explored a little better in the remake and delves a little more into this criminal's complex makeup. Note the religious ornament on the handle of his gun. And note how after Peter Fonda's character made nasty remarks about his own mother, and after Crowe pushed him off the cliff, Crow said anyone who hates his own mother deserves to die. Sorta shows that somewhere in the darkness of his nature lurks a little goodness.
                    My Homepage!

Comment

• Bob
                      • Jul 2000

Now that it is out on DVD I will have to give it another look see. I know I liked the action.

Comment

• Hdale85
                        Moderator Emeritus
                        • Jan 2006

300, Tranformers, The Illusionist, and The Prestige. Can't really think of a ton of movies I watched over the year even though I saw tons :B

Comment

• Azeke
                          Super Senior Member
                          • Mar 2003

I forgot about The Prestige, excellent movie. Good one Dougie085.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Comment

• Danbry39
                            Moderator Emeritus
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by George Bellefontaine
                            I know, Bob. I also had the same thought when I first saw the 1957 original. But I do feel the character was explored a little better in the remake and delves a little more into this criminal's complex makeup. Note the religious ornament on the handle of his gun. And note how after Peter Fonda's character made nasty remarks about his own mother, and after Crowe pushed him off the cliff, Crow said anyone who hates his own mother deserves to die. Sorta shows that somewhere in the darkness of his nature lurks a little goodness.
                            Very good, George...as usual. I have no doubt that, by this point in the film, he cares more for his "detainer" than for his cohorts. After what he experienced in his own childhood, he has a true appreciation of a man whose whole being is tied up in his family.

And, Crowe has no intentions of actually ending up in prison. He said he'd been to that particular prison more than once before and escaped. He whistles for his horse as the train departs. Did you see who was guarding him? No way he intends to stay on that train.
                            Keith

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                              Moderator Emeritus
                              • Jan 2001

Originally posted by Danbry39

And, Crowe has no intentions of actually ending up in prison. He said he'd been to that particular prison more than once before and escaped. He whistles for his horse as the train departs. Did you see who was guarding him? No way he intends to stay on that train.
                              Yeah, that was brilliant, Keith. I hope you get to see this on Bluray. It is truly awesome, both picture and sound.
                              My Homepage!

Comment

• David Meek
                                Moderator Emeritus
                                • Aug 2000

Some other titles that I enjoyed (or still need to see) from 2007 are:

Seraphim Falls - just the one weird scene kept this from being at the top.
                                The Bourne Ultimatum
                                There Will Be Blood
                                I Am Legend

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                                  Moderator Emeritus
                                  • Jan 2001

Originally posted by David Meek
                                  Some other titles that I enjoyed (or still need to see) from 2007 are:

Seraphim Falls - just the one weird scene kept this from being at the top.
                                  I'll bet I know what scene it is, too. :roll: What was the director thinking ?
                                  My Homepage!

Comment

• Ovation
                                    Super Senior Member
                                    • Sep 2004

Have to add 3:10 to Yuma and Eastern Promises to my list (though I saw them in 2008 ). The Illusionist and The Prestige, as well as The Fountain (or was that last one 2006?). Anyway, whatever the year, too many movies, too little time.

Comment

• David Meek
                                      Moderator Emeritus
                                      • Aug 2000

Actually, The Illusionist was released late in 2006. I was going to put it on my list but found that out when I checked on it.

Comment

• Alloroc
                                        Super Senior Member
                                        • Dec 2005

Thought I'd throw some of my favs up here too and would have to agree that 2007 was a great year for movies...

No Country For Old Men
                                        La Vie En Rose
                                        Eastern Promises
                                        Michael Clayton
                                        There Will Be Blood
                                        Once
                                        Vincent.

I don't want the world. I just want your half.

Comment

• chrisn
                                          • Sep 2007

I haven't seen Eastern Promises but will borrow/rent it soon as I've heard nothing but good things about it.

I have 300 and have not watched it yet.

I saw the newest Pirates movie (never can remember their names) when it came out and I have all 3.

I also have Bourne Ultimatum but can't see it until I watch the previous Bourne's.

I saw Aqua Teen Hunger Force:MFFT opening night and own it as well.

I lent out the newest Die Hard and it has not been returned yet.

Still need to see 28 Weeks Later, I think it came out this year.

Black Sheep (2007) Saw it, own it, loved it. Truly Bizarre.

Saw IV I skimmed through, I haven't seen II or III yet.

All I can think of right now. I have a lot of movies to catch up on, oh darn

Comment

• rhayes13
                                            • Mar 2008

Pirates 3
                                            Ratatouille
                                            Meet the Robinsons
                                            The Prestige

I think those were my fav's. (can you tell we have younger ones and often see their picks)

Comment

Working...
                                            😀
                                            😂
                                            🥰
                                            😘
                                            🤢
                                            😎
                                            😞
                                            😡
                                            👍
                                            👎
                                            Searching...Please wait.
                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                            Search Result for "|||"