THS or Dolby Digital DVD's or Blu Rays at all??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bcharlsen
    • Dec 2010

THS or Dolby Digital DVD's or Blu Rays at all??

i have a dvd that has a bunch of old THX and Dolby Digital intros on it.....i didn't know if there was anything like this out their. if so some help would be great... and maybe a place i can buy a calibration disc for my tv too.....
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

I'm partial to AVIA . It's a pretty easy to use calibration disc. I believe Amazon has it. Or do a search on where to buy Avia and you'll get plenty of links.
    My Homepage!

Comment

• Kevin P
      • Aug 2000

AVIA is my go-to calibration DVD. But if you want a HD disc, you'll have to go with Digital Video Essentials on blu-ray.

Some movies have THX trailers at the beginning; haven't seen a DD intro on any movie DVDs recently. Some DTS movies have DTS intros.

Comment

• impala454
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2007

There is some kind of THX demo disc out there. I ordered one off ebay a couple years ago, and while it is pretty awesome (has all of the THX intros to date, as well as the "THX Wow" demo. The problem was, it was something someone burned and created on their own.
        -Chuck

Comment

• Kevin D
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Oct 2002

Yup, DTS has had three Blu-rays now, I know Dolby has at least one (kind of sucked though). I think the last THX disc I received was a BR as well.

They're out there, but you generally need to go to Cedia or CES to get them right now.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Brandon B
            Super Senior Member
            • Jun 2001

Originally posted by Kevin P
            AVIA is my go-to calibration DVD. But if you want a HD disc, you'll have to go with Digital Video Essentials on blu-ray.
            Actually, the mouse has put one out that looks pretty decent, Disney WOW: World of Wonder. It was available in their movie rewards briefly, but sold out. I will get it eventually, and report back what I think. The thread on it at AVS is a little short on feedback from more advanced HT enthusiasts.

There is also the Spears & Munsil HD benchmark disc.

Comment

• madmac
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2010

The best DTS demo experience I've had to date is the beginning of the DTS version of Eagles "Hell freezes over". It almost destroys my speakers !!! :-)
              Dan Madden :T

Comment

• Chris D
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Dec 2000

I'm a sucker for these kinds of discs, and continue to collect them every chance I get.
                CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
                - Pleasantville

Comment

• Chris D
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Dec 2000

Originally posted by Brandon B
                  Actually, the mouse has put one out that looks pretty decent, Disney WOW: World of Wonder. It was available in their movie rewards briefly, but sold out. I will get it eventually, and report back what I think. The thread on it at AVS is a little short on feedback from more advanced HT enthusiasts.
                  Oh, FWIW, I also bought this disc. For anyone looking for it, it's on sale at Amazon for $29 for the BD. http://www.amazon.com/Disney-WOW-Wor...6034076&sr=8-1 I haven't watched it yet.

CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• madmac
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Aug 2010

Can you give us your opinion and review on this disc set?. In addition to optimization stuff, does it have THX and other surround demos?.
                    Dan Madden :T

Comment

• impala454
                      Ultra Senior Member
                      • Oct 2007

I am also very curious about that Disney disc.
                      -Chuck

Comment

• Chris D
                        Moderator Emeritus
                        • Dec 2000

Okay. Will watch and let you know how it is.
                        CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"