X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • numberoneoppa
    • Sep 2009

Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows [Part I]

Come on, I know you guys are all seeing it tonight. I've got my ticket for 12:42AM.

Any initial impressions/expectations? The latter few HP movies weren't bad and I expect this one to be even better than the previous ones. I've been reading all the books again in anticipation, too (only halfway through the 4th, though, as I only started about 2 weeks ago).

Kinda pissed about it being 2 parts, though. Would rather it be one 4-5 hour movie than have to wait another ?? months for the final chapter.
    -Josh

That feeling when things are finally going right. Yeah, that one.
  • HedgeHog
    • Dec 2008

I'm excited for it only cuz I'm a fan and got named as the bird. But, tbh, I don't like David Yates interpretaion of the books. I think giving Terry Gilliam a chance would have been quite interesting.

-Hedwig

PS. A 4-5 hour movie??? Talk about bladder busting.
    Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO-151FD / Oppo BDP-105 / Apple TV G2 / QNAP Turbo NAS TS-210
    Classe Audio SSP-800 / Classe Audio CA-M400 (x2) + CA-5200
    B&W 802D2 / B&W HTM2D2 / B&W CCM-818 / JL Audio Fathom 113
    Richard Gray Substation 240V + 1200 Custom / ESD Cable Isolators Mk II.
    Clear Day Double Shotgun Spkr Cable / White Zombie Audio ZeroPointZero Silver XLR / LessLoss DFPC Original

Comment

• audioqueso
      Super Senior Member
      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by HedgeHog
      A 4-5 hour movie??? Talk about bladder busting.
      Seriously?
      B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• David Meek
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Originally posted by numberoneoppa
        Come on, I know you guys are all seeing it tonight. I've got my ticket for 12:42AM.
        I'm going to try and catch it over the Thanksgiving holidays while I'm visiting family in Dallas. I've enjoyed all the previous movies, different directorial styles/interpretations notwithstanding, and I'm looking forward to this one.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Chris D
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Dec 2000

Problem is, I don't know what the last HP movie is that I saw. I think I've missed at least one, so I don't want to go see this one if I've missed one. And not quite in the mood to catch up on all the series so far.

I'm having my oldest daughter read the first HP book right now to get ready for our Orlando trip at the beginning of January. Will be going to the HP World at Universal Orlando, and I want her to be familiar with the series before we go.

I hear Butterbeer is quite awesome--looking forward to trying some.
          CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
          - Pleasantville

Comment

• numberoneoppa
            • Sep 2009

Just got back from the movie.

I'm not sure what I think of it to be honest - other than without having read the book, you're going to pretty darn lost. So while the movie wasn't great, it didn't really disappoint either, there was a good amount of entertainment value there.

err, totally meant to post this 6 hours ago lol.

edit: Chris, I live in Orlando and I can say that the butterbeer here unfortunately doesn't live up to the book's description.

Also, if you're not totally into catching up on all of the movies, why not get a few of the audiobooks (maybe one for the long drive over)? I absolutely love em, Jim Dale does a great job narrating.
            -Josh

That feeling when things are finally going right. Yeah, that one.

Comment

• Chris D
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Dec 2000

Thanks, Josh!
              CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
              - Pleasantville

Comment

• aud19
                Twin Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2003

Looking forward to seeing it in the coming weeks once the insanity wears off a bit. Likely head to the local IMAX.
                Jason

Comment

• krips
                  • Sep 2007

I thought the movie was okay. The leading actress herminey was nice to look at, and there was enough action to keep it interesting. I'm not sure how long it was but it definitly seemed long.
                  Sharp LC-42D64U
                  TriTrix MTM (Sealed)

Comment

• M.Roberts8
                    • Jan 2006

I took the fiance and our daughter to see it Sat. morning we all liked it. Though it does suck that we have to wait until July to see pt. 2. For me Harry Potter is a Thanksgiving week movie I don't care for the summer release, I think one other one came out in July as well as the upcoming.
                    Movie seemed to end rather abruptly. I haven't read the books though. I am reading the Percy Jackson books with my daughter right now and that really ruined the movie for me they messed that one up big time but I digress.
                    I do plan on reading the Harry Potter books after I've seen the movies.

Comment

• bigburner
                      Super Senior Member
                      • May 2005

I haven't seen it but my 20 y.o. son and 18 y.o. daughter have (today). They have read all the books and seen all the films. Both of them said that this film is much better than all the others. Its superior pacing and greater emotional depth were the key reasons.

Nigel.

Comment

• Lex
                        Moderator Emeritus
                        • Apr 2001

why don't they just call it what it really is. Harry Potter cashes in at the box office one more time before their generation gets a clue... :-)
                        Doug
                        "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"