X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

The Glades

Is anyone watching this show? I'd only caught one commercial, but thought what the heck and put it in queue to be recorded to my DVR. I've only seen three episodes but it is kind of fun and an easy watch. The characters aren't fleshed out very well yet, but we'll see how things develop.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin
  • Blindamood
    • Sep 2003

I'm definitely watching this one, 'cause it's filmed right here in Broward County. Been reading about it in the paper for quite a while (where they're filming, etc.) so was curious to check it out. So far, I think it's pretty good!

One of my other favorites is Burn Notice, which is also filmed in South Florida (mostly around Miami), but they did film an episode just up the street last year, which was kinda cool.
    Brad

Comment

• Alaric
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Jan 2006

I grew up in the Glades. I hate what Hollyweird's interpretation of my swamp always seems to be. They make the edges look dangerous and have no clue as to the lethality of that monster. There is shit in that swamp that will take you out. 30 minutes from an ER? Dead man. A 6 foot gator can end you in under 30 seconds if it so desires. A 6-8 foot Eastern Diamondback rattler , 5 foot Cottonmouth , or 2 foot Coral Snake . All can kill you in under 30 minutes. Google http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manchineel The friggin' trees down there will mess you up. Also , Bufo Marinus.
      Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
      Marantz PM-KI Pearl
      Schiit Modi 3
      Marantz CD5005
      Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"