• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

28 Days Later...

:wtf:

This flick was okay, but does anyone know how this thing was filmed ? Got a feeling a digital camera was used. Really hard edges to the picture and haloing like you wouldn't believe. Wife and I started to watch it on our 8 foot screen but had to move upstairs to the 36" Tosh because the picture was almost intolerable on the big screen.

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!
  • audunth
    • Sep 2003

Great movie!

The film was mostly shot with Canon XL1 digital cameras to obtain a certain look. I had no problem whatsoever watching it on my 80". On the contrary, I'd say this is the kind of movie that you have to watch on a big screen to get the action right in your face and get the most of it!

(I'm assuming you're talking about "28 Days Later" )

Regards,
    Audun
    Regards,
    Audun

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

Yeah, I was Audun. Maybe I had a bad copy but it was just too intolerable on the big screen. Some shots looked like they were hand painted. Very hard edges. Also, my NEC HT 1000 is very unforgiving for badly presented material. The last Star Wars that was completely shot digitally was gorgeous on my NEC.

My Homepage!
      My Homepage!

Comment

• Uncle Clive
        Former Moderator
        • Jan 2002

Sorry to be so negative but I had a bad date with this rental. I Couldn't watch it to the end. I thought it should have been named 28 MONTHS later. Too slow, story was way too familiar and wondered about that camera. George I don't believe you had a bad copy.

However I'm quite sure other members may find it entertaining Tells us what you feel about this one is it a keeper or not? What did we miss?

CLIVE

HEY!! Why buy movie tickets when you can own a Theater?
        CLIVE

HEY!! Why buy movie tickets when you can own a Theater?

Comment

• Mats
          Special Member
          • Jun 2000

I heard rave reviews about this from a colleague, so decided to check it out. It was an interesting post-apocalyptic concept in the beginning, but there was some element missing throughout the movie.

Hey, it's British-made. Different style of movie making - and that carried over to the actual filming of it (quality of video) probably also. Certainly not the best movie, certainly not the worst. If anyone hasn't seen it yet, yeah, it may be a rental you want to check out if you can't find anything else to watch one night. Otherwise, it's somewhere in the middle.
          Mats
          Mats Strömberg
          Ah! It's a profit deal! Takes the pressure off! Get your weight guessed right here! Only a buck! Actual live weight guessing! Take a chance and win some crap!
          Navin R Johnson (alias Steve Martin)

Comment

• H.T.C
            • Nov 2003

Isnt this the movie that is sort of like a night of the living dead or the movie rabid but with a differant concept?

Robert
            Robert

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Jan 2001

Yeah, there are some similarities, Robert.

My Homepage!
              My Homepage!

Comment

• John Holmes
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2000

After watching this film, I felt that so much more could have been done with it. The 1st scene gets you hyped and then you begin the spiral down.

One part that had me in tears laughing, if you were to wake up under the same conditions (everything around you destroyed to some degree), would you not think to arm yourself first? And would you go screaming through the city "Hello!!!"? How many vehicles would you pass on the trek before getting one to drive for yourself? And just because one has an alarm, would you give up?

A lot of things about this movie just didn't add up. And when the military portion is added, it finishes this film right off. This movie just didn't do it for me. I wouldn't even waste popcorn on it! Of course, these are just my opinions. This may very well be a decent film that I just didn't get.

To follow George... :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :B

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
                "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Jan 2001

Excellent points, John.

My Homepage!
                  My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"