X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sarahbee
    • Jun 2005

Monk

Are there any other Monk fans here? I love this show, Tony Shalhoub is amazing and it never stops being funny or gets old or anything. He's always bringing something new, and is both touching and hilarious at the same time. The show's coming back Jan. 9, and they have some crazy guest stars this season, so it should be good. Though actually technically I think it's not a new season, it's the second half of the season that partially aired over the summer...
    "We have so much time and so little to do. Strike that, reverse it." - Roald Dahl, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
  • Ovation
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

I loved it early on, but then it stopped being broadcast on any channel I could get here, so I've not seen it for several years. I'll get around to viewing the DVD sets, I guess. But I do agree that it's a great show and Shaloub is very good (I've liked him in everything I've seen him--from Wings to Monk to Galaxy Quest).

Comment

• greenhorn
      • Feb 2007

A favorite here. It's re-run quite a bit here, and those are even good to watch. It one of those shows even if you've seen it, it's still pretty good. The whole cast is pretty good. I heard 2009 is the last season.

Ok for Monk fans...... Sharona or Natalie

Comment

• Sarahbee
        • Jun 2005

If you can't watch it on TV you can watch it on the USA web site... that's what I tend to do if I miss an episode. Right now they have the holiday special episode up, which I thought was a really phenomenal episode, personally. Very touching.

As for Natalie or Sharona, I like them both! I know that sounds corny, but they really did both bring different things to Monk. Back when Monk was even less functional than he is now, he needed Sharona's no-nonsense vibe... now that he's getting gradually better, Natalie's sweetness is good for him, makes him open up more.

I cannot WAIT for new episodes... have you all seen the Magnum P.I. themed commercials? They're SO funny!
        "We have so much time and so little to do. Strike that, reverse it." - Roald Dahl, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Comment

• Ovation
          Super Senior Member
          • Sep 2004

I cannot watch any TV shows from US networks on the internet from Canada. Every time I've tried (it doesn't matter from which network), I get blocked with a message saying it is only available to US residents.

Comment

• Lex
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Apr 2001

I've enjoyed Monk the few times I've actually seen it. Antonio as I'll remember from Wings, always was quite a good comedian, in a different roll, is ok, quirky, still funny. But Wings was classic stuff. :-)

Doug
            Doug
            "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Sarahbee
              • Jun 2005

Originally posted by Lex
              I've enjoyed Monk the few times I've actually seen it. Antonio as I'll remember from Wings, always was quite a good comedian, in a different roll, is ok, quirky, still funny. But Wings was classic stuff. :-)

Doug

To me one of the attractions of Monk is that every episode is consistently awesome... a lot of other shows kinda rise and fall on the quality scale but Monk is always great. And I think that has a lot to do with Tony Shalhoub, he's really just always funny. It's definitely worth watching when episodes pick up again on Friday.

Comment

• Ovation
                Super Senior Member
                • Sep 2004

A local channel has started running the series from the beginning and I've put my DVR on it. I saw the first season as it happened, but not since, so while I'm familiar with the episodes, I don't recall all the details (and Monk is worth re-watching). Too bad Sat. evening syndication isn't in HD--but not everything NEEDS to be HD (oops, did I just say that aloud? ).

Comment

• Sarahbee
                  • Jun 2005

The premiere is tonight... can't wait! Who else is going to watch?

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  😂
                  🥰
                  😘
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😞
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"