X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alloroc
    Super Senior Member
    • Dec 2005

Stepbrothers

Well, what can I say about this one.... Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly star in this low brow, immature, puerile and ultimatly stupid movie. But you know what, I laughed my a$$ off. It's one of the funniest movies I've seen in a long time.

Two 40 somethings are forced together when their parents marry - namely Ferrell and Reilly. They've never left home let alone had to fend for themselves. Their new circumstances lead to mayhem, hilarity and ultimatly a happy ending. The trailer didn't really inspire - I kind of though it might be one of those where all the funny bits are in the trailer. But they weren't! Now it's not gross out although there are moments that will have you looking in disbelief!

Over all I really likes this movie - for the entertainment and the belly laughs alone. Don't expect high brow humour here.

I give it :T :T :T :T our of five.
    Vincent.

I don't want the world. I just want your half.
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Originally posted by Alloroc
    low brow, immature, puerile and ultimatly stupid movie.
    I tend to find those kin ds of movies quite funny, too, Vincent. But my wife always said I had a wierd sense of humor.
    My Homepage!

Comment

• Burke Strickland
      • Sep 2001

Two 40 somethings are forced together when their parents marry - namely Ferrell and Reilly.
      Ferrell and Reilly marry? Now there's an odd couple. :>)

Will Ferrell is usually more annoying than funny, although he hit the humor target perfectly with "Elf" and "Talladega Nights". So it can happen. OTOH, John C. Reilly is usually hilarious just by showing up. So that raises my hopes that maybe this low brow effort (redundant description with Ferrell involved) will be worth a rental. Thanks for the heads up.

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• alexcd
        • Feb 2006

I'm sure this is definitely over the top but I like that in a way.

Comment

• Race Car Driver
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2005

Ive seen a few clips that were recorded from a theater on youtube, it looked quite hilarious.
          B&W

Comment

• audioqueso
            Super Senior Member
            • Nov 2004

Is it worth it? I didn't really want to give it a chance because I didn't like the Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly combination in Talladega Nights, and lately Will Ferrell has been too predictable. So is it worth watching?
            B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• Alloroc
              Super Senior Member
              • Dec 2005

Originally posted by audioqueso
              Is it worth it? I didn't really want to give it a chance because I didn't like the Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly combination in Talladega Nights, and lately Will Ferrell has been too predictable. So is it worth watching?

Their humour is subjective, no doubt. Like you I didn't really like TN too much, but I genuinly found Stepbrothers very very funny.... There are some scenes I'm thinking of right now that're making me laugh.....

It's possibly not a purchace but a rent for sure...
              Vincent.

I don't want the world. I just want your half.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"