X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • madmac
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2010

Anchorman II - Review

Not that I would EVER pay to rent this but, a friend of mine lent this to me the other day so I spun it. It's crude.....crass....offensive.....stupid, and moronic......but I must admit that I had some good laughs!. As a matter of fact, I was crying with tears of laughter at some points.

It's kinda' like 'American Hustle' in flavor but better and more entertaining in some ways. Heavy on the 70's cloths and music but with laughs inserted into it!. Definitely NOT for everybody but if you can leave all your morals and sensibilities at the door before spinning this, you might walk away entertained.

I've always been a big fan if Will Ferrell, and here....he's at his stuplifying best!!

7/10 stars for the laughs :T
    Dan Madden :T
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

I liked the first one better.
    My Homepage!

Comment

• Ovation
      Super Senior Member
      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by madmac
      Not that I would EVER pay to rent this but, a friend of mine lent this to me the other day so I spun it. It's crude.....crass....offensive.....stupid, and moronic......but I must admit that I had some good laughs!. As a matter of fact, I was crying with tears of laughter at some points.

It's kinda' like 'American Hustle' in flavor but better and more entertaining in some ways. Heavy on the 70's cloths and music but with laughs inserted into it!. Definitely NOT for everybody but if you can leave all your morals and sensibilities at the door before spinning this, you might walk away entertained.

I've always been a big fan if Will Ferrell, and here....he's at his stuplifying best!!

7/10 stars for the laughs :T
      It cannot possibly be better than American Hustle--it lacks Amy Adams. ;x(:T

Comment

• audioqueso
        Super Senior Member
        • Nov 2004

I just saw this last week.
        The first one was great. The second one started great. However, it was way too long for a comedy movie. By three quarters of the way, I actually said that it would have been better if it was just half of the movie. By the end of the movie, I agreed with my previously made comment. The first half was funny. The second half had some laughs. Overall, it was just too long for what it is.

Yes, it is a very rude movie.. but that's the point of it. Ron's character is so funny because he's so one-track minded, that everything he says is rude.
        B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• madmac
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2010

Believe it or not, they actually spun this movie for families and kids for 'Movie in the park' night in my town!! HOLY CRAP!
          Dan Madden :T

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"