X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave999
    • Mar 2007

Shreck III

I went to see this last night with my daughter. We both thought that this one was not nearly as good or as funny as the other two. It seemed like it was made for commerical endorsements. The story was also pretty lame.
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Oh, yikes... this is exactly what I was worried about. Seeing all the commercial advertising for it over the last several weeks, I'm expecting it to be quite the letdown.

After experiences like "Godzilla", I've learned that if McDonalds makes a line of drinking glasses in the movie theme, or you see endless ads for the movie before it comes out with things like the Energizer Bunny mixed in, the movie's going to be a bust.
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• Hdale85
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2006

Thats because they spent more money on advertising then they did on the movie it self :B

Comment

• Danbry39
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Sep 2002

I've not heard too much good about this one. So, thanks for verifying. Honestly, sometimes they ought to leave well enough alone.
        Keith

Comment

• ToddAnisman
          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Chris D
          Oh, yikes... this is exactly what I was worried about. Seeing all the commercial advertising for it over the last several weeks, I'm expecting it to be quite the letdown.

After experiences like "Godzilla", I've learned that if McDonalds makes a line of drinking glasses in the movie theme, or you see endless ads for the movie before it comes out with things like the Energizer Bunny mixed in, the movie's going to be a bust.
          It's kinda dissappointing. I worked on the first two Shrek features and loved them. Now it look slike that franchise is going by the wayside. too bad. We need more light stuff like that for our kids with all the crap they're exposedf to everyday.

Sorry for the rant.

-Todd A.

Comment

• John Holmes
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

We (wife and daughter) saw this last week. They enjoyed it. I was not moved. It had maybe three or for moments that were funny. Seemed liked they tried too hard in this one. I really enjoyed the first film. The second movie was ok (not as good as the first) but entertaing. This one imo is a waste of time.
            "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"