X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Race Car Driver
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

Matinee prices are you kidding me?!

Ok, just checked some prices of the local Carmike Cinema, $6.00 for adults and 5.50 for kids..... Are you serious? It was $4 per adult a few months ago.

Now im aware some probably pay more elsewhere, but to go see a movie thats too much IMO. A parent and two kids your looking at $17 just to get in the door. Then if you dont sneak in food you pay the stupid prices.

Me, I sill stick to buying DVDs for that price. :evil:
    B&W
  • Sponge
    • May 2006

^yup I am done w/going to movies...maybe 1-2 a year that will be better on a big screen that in a THX theater...otherwise I have a better HT at home with better popcorn and no annoying kid kicking the back of my seat.
    Old HT guy getting back into it!

Comment

• Brandon B
      Super Senior Member
      • Jun 2001

Now im aware some probably pay more elsewhere
      :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Matinee's were that much where I live 5-6 years ago. Have not even checked what they are now because the theaters in my immediate area suck so bad I won't go. Down in L.A. or Hollywood, matinee's are $8-10 at the decent quality theaters.

In Tokyo where I end up seeing movies while on installation trips, they are $12-20 depending on movie and theater.

BB

Comment

• Race Car Driver
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2005

I guess Im used to the 1-2$ matinee prices growing up, and admitted cheapskate. :lol:

$10 per ticket to go sit in a freezing cold theater for two hours next to people texting on their cells and chit chatting away just seems like a bit much for me. Oh well, im done complaining

Inflation goes up and life goes on
        B&W

Comment

• Brandon B
          Super Senior Member
          • Jun 2001

Well, to be fair, in the theaters down in L.A. that charge that much for a matinee, you don't really get the cell phone chatters and such, and in Tokyo, the Japanese politeness factor pretty much guarantees that won't happen either. Although there was one zonked out otaku who snored through GitS II: Innocence in the seat in front of me once.

So another "get what you pay for" situation I guess.

BB

Comment

• Ralph
            • Sep 2006

Prices here are up too. Maybe thats why movies hit the DVD shelves so quickly now days.

Comment

• David Meek
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

We don't have matinees out here. Regular prices are $10.00 per person.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• KeithM
                • Oct 2005

Last year=4.25
                this year, downgraded all speakers, projector, and seat= 6.50

But horrible overly kernely popcorn went down a quarter h:

Comment

• WillyD
                  • Feb 2006

Matinees are about 6.50 here, regular prices 7-8 depending on where you go. I certainly don't go to the movies much. Last one I went to was Pan's Labyrinth. Before that..I can't remember.

I might go see 300 though...

Comment

• John Holmes
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Aug 2000

We (wife & I) just saw "300" over the weekend. We payed $11.00 each at a noon showing. I didn't mind since it was an IMAX presentation and we don't go to theater too often.
                    "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"