X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

What's with Snipes anyway ?

He's been making a lot of crappy films of late and all filmed on foreign soil. And now I think I know why they're on foreign soil. He's hiding from the US government who've just indicted him on several counts of fraud involving over 12 million dollars in false income tax refund claims. There was some scuttlebutt awhile back that Wesley was really into cocaine, and after all this latest stuff it's pretty believable. Too bad. He did do some good work in his early years before becoming an action star and the Blade triology.
    My Homepage!
  • Glen
    • Dec 2003

He's been a nut for many years. I remember way back around the time he did Demolition Man, he was stopped by airport security for having a loaded hand gun in his carry on bag. I'm sure he has more than a few demons in his closet.

Comment

• LikeCoiledSteel
      • May 2004

It is sad because he is a pretty advanced martial artist in a few styles from what I understand. The last Blade movie was pretty bad. Snipes tried to sue the company who produced Blade 3 for underpromoting it, which led to poor ticket sales. I like the first 2 Blade movies.
      Steel

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2001

Yeah, and it was after Blade 3 that he started making those foreign-based crappy movies. Well he better run cause he could get up to 16 years in prison if they catch him.
        My Homepage!

Comment

• Chris D
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Dec 2000

I wasn't aware that he was making foreign movies, actually.
          CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
          - Pleasantville

Comment

• dyazdani
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Oct 2005

Originally posted by George Bellefontaine
            Well he better run cause he could get up to 16 years in prison if they catch him.
            His US Marshalls work might come in handy...
            Danish

Comment

• Brandon B
              Super Senior Member
              • Jun 2001

Not too bright. Only corporations get tax refunds when they are earning millions.

Guess he should have incorporated himself.

BB

Comment

• Azeke
                Super Senior Member
                • Mar 2003

Wow, this is very disappointing news. I was wondering what had happen to him. It kind of reminds me of Eddie Murphy and his current film status.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Comment

• Race Car Driver
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Mar 2005

I liked the blade movies
                  B&W

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Jan 2001

Originally posted by Chris D
                    I wasn't aware that he was making foreign movies, actually.
                    I'll clarify that a bit, Chris. The last few bombs he made were filmed in European countries, probably because of the tax breaks. I do believe these bombs went straight to video. And ol' Wesley is probably hiding out in one of those foreign countries.
                    Last edited by Chris D; 13 November 2016, 17:03 Sunday.
                    My Homepage!

Comment

• Lex
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Apr 2001

he may come forward when he gets just the right aliby in place. Here's a question, why would the govt give him the 12 million back anyway, looks like they would have seen through that.

What these flash in the pan stars forget is, very few of them have staying power. They all loose their lustre eventually. They never prepare for that day, they live like there is no tomorrow, and the sad reality is for them, there isn't a tomorrow in financial terms. It all comes crashing down.
                      Doug
                      "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                        Moderator Emeritus
                        • Jan 2001

Originally posted by Lex
                        It all comes crashing down.
                        Especially after they start snorting their money up their nose.
                        My Homepage!

Comment

• H.Donald
                          • Aug 2004

Speaking of noses...the govenment gets really mad when you tweak theirs...
                          Apparently,Mr Snipes allowed a tax protest organization/cult to be involved in his tax affairs.
                          I believe the IRS loves a challenge and to make an example of someone...the larger in statue,the better.
                          Blade could not have played this worse...

Just an aside...I was browsing the new movie section this afternoon,and came across...'Hard Luck',starring Wesley Pipes and Sybil Sheppard.
                          I think life may be about to imitate art...

Comment

Working...
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"