X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Another Snipes Extravaganza... THE MARKSMAN

I did a post a few weeks back on another clunker starring Wesley Snipes entitled 7 SECONDS. It had the same producer ( Andrew Stevens) as this one. Both were filmed in some foreign country and both had so/so scripts. In both, Snipes walks through them like a zombie. The Marksman concerns a case of some rebels taking over a Russian nuclear site and the Russians call in the US for help( the first dumb thing in this flick ) Why they couldn't handle this themselves is beyond me. Anyway, Snipes and a special forces crew are parachuted in . Their job is to stop the rebels from arming the nuclear site and blah blah blah. Anyway, lots of action with very little else. But even the action is overdone at times. Unless you simply cant find somethin g better, pass this up. I rented it more out of curiosity than anything else. I just don;'t get this connection between Snipes and Andrew Stevens. Are they both cocaine addicts ??

By the way, sound and PQ is terrible.

Why did I waste my time, you ask ? I dunno . ops:
    My Homepage!
  • Shane Martin
    Super Senior Member
    • Apr 2001

George,
    Don't feel alone because from time to time me and my friends rent movies like this and watch them. We call it crap pizza night. While watching these "films" and I use that term loosely, we eat the $1 pizzas and laugh the night away.

Doing this alone doesn't work too well so make sure you got buddies to come over to laugh them away with you.

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

Originally posted by Shane Martin
      George,
      Don't feel alone because from time to time me and my friends rent movies like this and watch them. We call it crap pizza night. While watching these "films" and I use that term loosely, we eat the $1 pizzas and laugh the night away.

Doing this alone doesn't work too well so make sure you got buddies to come over to laugh them away with you.
      Got you, Shane. I was alone. Poor me. Anyway, crap pizza night sounds like fun. Maybe I'll invite a couple of buddies over and order a cheap ( if there is such a thing around here ) pizza some night and re-rent this clunker. :P
      My Homepage!

Comment

• Shane Martin
        Super Senior Member
        • Apr 2001

( if there is such a thing around here ) pizza some night and re-rent this clunker.
        Grocery Store freezer section. Totinos is one brand.

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2001

Right on, Shane.
          My Homepage!

Comment

• Sonnie Parker
            • Jan 2002

I agree with you daddy-George... not a great movie but for some reason I always seem to be drawn to Snipe's movies, hoping for something good. He disappointed me in this one.

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Jan 2001

Hi, Sonnie. Yeah, I uesd to be a big Snipes fan. Many of his early films, before he became an action star, showed he had good acting chops. I did read somewhere that he was a little too much into the cocaine scene. When you look at the work he's been doing lately, you have to wonder if that's true.
              My Homepage!

Comment

• Sonnie Parker
                • Jan 2002

Yeah that nose candy would make him fall in love with any character role... lol.. but really sad because he has so much potential.

Comment

• David Meek
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Aug 2000

I heard it was his ego more than anything that has ruined his ability to star in anything other than one of his own vehicles. :scratchhead:

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"