X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

New Fall Series'

I thought I'd start a thread to see what new series are piquing people's interests.

I "tivo'd" The Class and Studio 60 (which looks and is supposed to be awesome!) last night so I'll have to comment on them later but I did watch Smith lastnight which seemes to be well written, acted and is quite well put together (good HD PQ, and SQ). We'll see if they can keep it up :T

For some reason Jericho doesn't seem to be doing much for me... :scratchhead: I am looking forward to see if Heroes is any good though...I think it will either be great or fall on it's face :lol:

And of course I'll be looking forward to the best show on TV.... LOST :T
    Jason
  • P-Dub
    Office Moderator
    • Aug 2000

I saw Studio 60 and I really enjoyed it. Good writing, well paced, almost frantic. I will be following this one.

I saw a bit of Smith, but caught it midway so I wasn't really able to follow it.

I'll have to check out Heroes.
    Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.

Comment

• David Meek
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

We've got the DVR set to grab:

Eureka
      Jericho
      Shark
      Smith
      Studio 60

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• aud19
        Twin Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2003

Originally posted by David Meek
        We've got the DVR set to grab:

Eureka
        Jericho
        Shark
        Smith
        Studio 60
        Shark's another one I was going to look at.... when's it on David?
        Jason

Comment

• David Meek
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

Thursdays at 10:00 PM eastern. Plus, Jeri Ryan (remember 7 of 9?) is a co-star.

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2001

Dancing With The Stars and Celebrity Duets and that's it. I not big on tv series.
            My Homepage!

Comment

• aud19
              Twin Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2003

Originally posted by David Meek
              Thursdays at 10:00 PM eastern. Plus, Jeri Ryan (remember 7 of 9?) is a co-star.
              :lol: Thanks :T

Watched the Class and Studio 60 lastnight.... The Class was merely OK, I was really hoping for it to be more funny but I'll give it one or two more shows and see if it improves...otherwise it's a pass unless there's nothing else on and nothing else to do IMO Hopefully the follow up episode's got more oomph. (Why can they seemingly not do sitcoms properly anymore? :huh: )

Studio 60 on the other hand was quite good I thought, can't wait to see what's coming up on that one! :T I wouldn't quite call the pace frantic but it moves along well and I agree with Paul great writing/acting etc :yesnod:

So so far Smith and Studio 60 get my approval :T
              Jason

Comment

• aud19
                Twin Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2003

Originally posted by George Bellefontaine
                Dancing With The Stars and Celebrity Duets and that's it. I not big on tv series.
                Really? :blink: I'm kind of shocked by that George?!?! 8O With the generally intellectual/interesting movies you seem to enjoy I thought "smart" shows like Studio 60, Smith, Lost etc would be right up your alley!
                Jason

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Jan 2001

Originally posted by aud19
                  Really? :blink: I'm kind of shocked by that George?!?! 8O With the generally intellectual/interesting movies you seem to enjoy I thought "smart" shows like Studio 60, Smith, Lost etc would be right up your alley!
                  No, I just haven't been able to make the commitment to watching any particular series. I used to be big on tv series stuff waayy back. But after I got into building a home theater I found I'd just rather kick back and spend my time watching movies. Only real stuff I watch, other than the two entertainment shows I mentioned earlier, is sports and the occasional documentary if it is interesting. Guess I'm just not a tv guy any more.
                  My Homepage!

Comment

• Sarahbee
                    • Jun 2005

I enjoyed The Class on Monday. Thought it was really funny (the car thing at the end was priceless!), and I loved the Red headed depressed guy, he was my favorite. Looking forward to checking it out again next week.
                    "We have so much time and so little to do. Strike that, reverse it." - Roald Dahl, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Comment

• aud19
                      Twin Moderator Emeritus
                      • Aug 2003

Watched Hero's last night and it was good and seems promising :T

Enjoyed the second Studio 60 even more than the first :T

Recorded Smith and The Class...this is the last chance The Class has to impress me but I expect Smith to be good.
                      Jason

Comment

• P-Dub
                        Office Moderator
                        • Aug 2000

I missed Hero. So I might try to catch up or just skip it.

I also watch Dancing with the Stars.

And Studio 60 is on track to be a must see for me.
                        Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                          Moderator Emeritus
                          • Jan 2001

Originally posted by Paul Wu

I also watch Dancing with the Stars.
                          Yeah, that's on my viewing list. It reminds me of the old entertainment variety shows... lots of music and dancing. I'd be watching more tv if there was more of that kind of stuff out there.
                          My Homepage!

Comment

• aud19
                            Twin Moderator Emeritus
                            • Aug 2003

Watched Smith and The Class last night. Smith was still top notch and will likely remain on my must watch list :T

The Class was definitely more funny this episode (a good thing) but it's still not overly compelling for me anyway. I think it will fall in to the "watch it if nothing else is on/nothing better to do" category.

George, you should give some of the Smith, Lost, Studio 60, Hero's etc a try....at the very least Lost is available on DVD and IMO there hasn't been a better show on TV in YEARS. This new form of quality, high production value, excellent writing is on par with a lot of better movies. (In fact better than most of what Holywood spews out nowadays :roll: )
                            Jason

Comment

• P-Dub
                              Office Moderator
                              • Aug 2000

Yeah, that's on my viewing list. It reminds me of the old entertainment variety shows... lots of music and dancing. I'd be watching more tv if there was more of that kind of stuff out there.
                              So what did you think of last night's dancing? I was wondering why Joey did the Jive instead of Tango like the rest of the guys.

So far my top pics are Mario Lopez, Joey Lawrence and Emmitt Smith.

Emmitt - He has natural rythm. He was a bit boncy at times during the tango, but I thought he did a very good job.

Mario - Ah Mario ever the rebel. He was doing so good and then the break in hold. I thought he got nailed a bit harsh by the English judge. But I guess they are judging more seriously this time round.

Joey - While he had a good performance, I didn't think he danced that great. He was flat footed and did not have much of a bounce in his jive.

I don't even bother watching the rest.

Did you see So You Think You Can Dance over the summer?
                              Paul

Comment

• David Meek
                                Moderator Emeritus
                                • Aug 2000

I knew Emmitt had rythm from his days as a Dallas Cowboy, but he surprised me with this endeavor.

:td:

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                                  Moderator Emeritus
                                  • Jan 2001

Yeah, the three guys mentioned are real contenders for the crown. It's a shame Joey and Mario are breaking the rules because otherwise they are excellent dancers. And Emmet, well, what can I say. He's is a real charmer and it looks like he will last with his strong home fan base.

Jason, I did happen to catch Smith by chance and did find it interesting. I will try to remember to catch the next episode.
                                  My Homepage!

Comment

• KeithM
                                    • Oct 2005

Am I the only one who hates every new sitcom? Not that I didn't like 95% of sitcoms in the first place but jeez, some of the new ones are horrible.

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                                      Moderator Emeritus
                                      • Jan 2001

Sheesh, I just got into SMITH and they go and cancel the thing. So much for my return to series tv. Oh, and I read that Studio 60 is getting better reception in Canada than in the US. Back to my HT. They can't cancel anything there. :M
                                      My Homepage!

Comment

• aud19
                                        Twin Moderator Emeritus
                                        • Aug 2003

Sheesh, I just got into SMITH and they go and cancel the thing. So much for my return to series tv. Oh, and I read that Studio 60 is getting better reception in Canada than in the US. Back to my HT. They can't cancel anything there. :M
                                        Yeah I heard about Smith... I was quite liking it too :cry: I hope they don't cancel Studio 60 as well!! 8O That and Heroes are my two favourite new shows!!! Shark's pretty good as well.

SOOOOO happy Lost came back last week! :T :yesnod: Anybody heard when Medium's back on though? Ghost Whisperer's similar and pretty good itself...(and has Jennifer and her two lovely friends :P ) but Medium's darker and more enthralling IMO.
                                        Jason

Comment

• aud19
                                          Twin Moderator Emeritus
                                          • Aug 2003

You know George I blame all those dumbed down reality/dancing/idoling shows for the lack of support for quality dramas etc..... :lol:
                                          Jason

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                                            Moderator Emeritus
                                            • Jan 2001

Originally posted by aud19
                                            You know George I blame all those dumbed down reality/dancing/idoling shows for the lack of support for quality dramas etc..... :lol:
                                            :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
                                            My Homepage!

Comment

• Sithlord
                                              • Aug 2004

Well I just watched 2 episodes of Heroes though it was really good has promise. Watch also episode 1 season 3 of both Lost and Battlestar Galactica god I love those 2 shows I'm glad there back.

Anyone catch the southpark episode featuring The World of Warcraft? That was one funny show.

Comment

• Lex
                                                Moderator Emeritus
                                                • Apr 2001

I happened to see the first episode of a new series Brothers and Sisters, that had Tom Skerritt, Patty Duke, and a girl that played a lawyer in maybe Boston Legal, or maybe it was another show, I dunno, anyway, they killed Tom Skerritt in Episode 1 with a heart attack. Talk about a short lived series life! I'm surprised they even got him to do it for 1 episode, geesh.

On dancing, Mario and his partner will be tough to beat in the end I think. his athleticism combined with ability and his partner are going to be the winners I predict. It's a joke that they've kept JERRY JERRY on as long as they have. I think maybe they should have a seniors version and a younger version.

I'm surprised they haven't signed up Richard Gere or J Lo yet (from Shall We Dance movie) Of course, they may just think they are way to big to do that, or to busy.

The ballroom dancing is sort of fun to watch, I especially like the hot babes.

As to sit coms, wow, there is not to much left. Two and a Half Men, According to Jim, Rodney if it returns, I cannot think of a lot more that I'll watch. The Office occasionally, though it borders on moronic comedy at best most times.
                                                Doug
                                                "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• aud19
                                                  Twin Moderator Emeritus
                                                  • Aug 2003

The only sitcom I can think of that I actually enjoy and try to watch frequently is My Name is Earl.... unless you count the Simpsons or Family guy.... otherwise I pretty much only watch the dramas. What the heck's going on there.....no funny writers left?!

Heroes is pretty good eh Sith :T
                                                  Jason

Comment

• David Meek
                                                    Moderator Emeritus
                                                    • Aug 2000

Is anyone following Jericho? I've really enjoyed the three episodes shown so far.

Comment

• aud19
                                                      Twin Moderator Emeritus
                                                      • Aug 2003

Watched Studio 60 and Heroes last night....Definitely my two new favourites! I love Studio 60's cerebral writing and excellent acting and Heroes is just plain fun too watch! It's similar to Lost in that you never really know what's going to happen and it's very fantastical etc :yesnod:

Shark's pretty good too, though I'm worried that it's starting to fall in to the formulaic state of shows like CSI etc that while good when viewed on their own with quality writing, acting etc...they use the same basic outline EVERY show. Something bad happens, a case starts, some evidence points them in one direction, there's a tough roadblock/wrong info/screwup to make things difficult...then they figure something out, they win/catch the bad guy etc. After watching smart, constantly evolving shows like Lost and Heroes...it just doesn't cut it for me anymore.
                                                      Jason

Comment

• Foxman
                                                        • Jan 2003

I am a bit of Tivo junky but I can not claim to have had a chance to see everything. This is a list of the showe's that I can think of that we Tivo, new one's first.

Friday Night Lights (I have only watched the pilot, but it was good)
                                                        Heroes ( I have not watched the last 2 yet, but I am liking it a lot)
                                                        Studio 60 (Best new show that I can think of. I like that it's based on something differant.)
                                                        Kidnapped ( I have only watched a couple, I don't care for the lead FBI agent, he is too cocky but I like the show)
                                                        Jericho (I missed the pilot and watched the second show, ehh not into it yet.)
                                                        Shark (I like this show a lot more than I thought I would.)
                                                        Til Death (This show has funny moments, but it is forced and fake IMO)
                                                        Justice (I like it, but it isnt very believable IMO. The law firm has some incredible technology.)
                                                        Brothers and Sisters (Tom Skerrit would have made this show, and they killed him in the pilot. I like Sally, but it's to soapy for me, my wife loves it)
                                                        Smith (Another show I liked a lot but I heard they cancelled it)

Other Tivo'ed shows at the Fox Den, in no particular order:
                                                        My Name is Earl
                                                        Medium
                                                        Law & Order: SVU
                                                        Las Vegas
                                                        Cold Case
                                                        CSI: (All 3)
                                                        Numbers
                                                        The Unit
                                                        Without A Trace
                                                        Rockstar
                                                        Boston Legal
                                                        Bones
                                                        House
                                                        Prison Break
                                                        Idol
                                                        NFL Live
                                                        Biker Buildoff
                                                        (Wifes watch)
                                                        ER
                                                        Grey's Anatomy
                                                        The OC
                                                        Desperate Housewives
                                                        Martha
                                                        Opra

I make a point to not miss some showes, I guess they would be my favorites. 24, Medium, Boston Legal, Studio 60 & My Name is Earl would be in that group.
                                                        IMO

My Movies
                                                        Bad Pics of my system

Comment

Working...
                                                        😀
                                                        😂
                                                        🥰
                                                        😘
                                                        🤢
                                                        😎
                                                        😞
                                                        😡
                                                        👍
                                                        👎
                                                        Searching...Please wait.
                                                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                        Search Result for "|||"