X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

The Break Up

This movie appears in the ads to be a lighthearted comedy about men and women in relationships, with stars of Jennifer Aniston and Vince Vaughn.

Unfortunatley, though, I quickly found the irony to go too far, tinged with cynicism, really bashing women being illogical in relationships, and men just being sexist pigs. There were some redeeming moments, with parts that were funny, and others that were somewhat serious and heartfelt, but all in all, I again just felt that the movie erred on the cynical side.

One of our neighbors had recommended it for a great date movie. I would not. I'd recommend it if you've recently had a bad breakup of a relationship, and you just want to wallow a bit in hating the opposite sex and the way love doesn't work out right.

It's not horrible, but overall, I didn't like it.

:25: out of :5:
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville
  • brendon
    • Aug 2004

I took my wife to see this the other night and really could not find a lot to like about it and my wife thought it was mediocre as well.Just does not work.
    Brendon

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

I'll probably rent the dvd when it comes out. Vince Vaughan really tickles my funnybone.
      My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"