X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • saurabh
    • Feb 2005

List of R rated movies

Does anyone know of a list available, anywhere, if not we can compile them here.

Movies containing extreme Sexuality(S) or Violence(V), pls list here.

40days and 40 nights -S
    American Pie -S
    Basic Instinct -S
    Black Hawk Down -V
    Blade series - V
    A history of Violence - V
    Jeeper Creepers - V
    Lord of War- S/V
    Saving Private Ryan - V
    Need is the mother of all Inventions.....I am needy
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Are these movies that you really like? Just confused on the purpose here...
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• saurabh
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Chris Dotur
      Are these movies that you really like? Just confused on the purpose here...
      No these are the ones that I have seen and know contains "R" material, purpose is generic, to compile a list and also to keep the kids at bay from them or while watching them.
      Need is the mother of all Inventions.....I am needy

Comment

• Burke Strickland
        • Sep 2001

I don't see how a parent would be able to make an informed decision for their children's viewing from an "S" or a "V" added to an "R" in this thread. For instance, the vampire violence in "Blade" is quite different from the war violence in "Saving Private Ryan". One is intense fantasy, the other is a "realistic" portayal of historical events. Neither may be suitable for certain children, especially very young ones, but a "V" by itself doesn't give a parent much to go on.

The best way for a parent to decide what films are suitable for their children is to pre-screen the material themselves. If they don't have the time to do that, there are other sources that give rating information, such as MPAA's own site http://www.mpaa.org/FlmRat_Ratings.asp where you can look up a movie and get both the rating and a brief blurb explaining why it got the rating. It also links the titles to IMDB, where there is a lot more information about the movie in question, if one is inclined to do more research to get a fuller understanding of what the production is about and what others have thought of it (usually including several paragraphs of commentary).

The wheel has already been invented. :>)

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• Chris D
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Dec 2000

Ah, yikes! I personally wouldn't let my kid watch any R rated movies until she's much older, regardless of the specific content. I'd have a HUGE list for you, pretty much denoting every R rated movie out there into either Violence, Sex, Language, or all of the above.
          CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
          - Pleasantville

Comment

• Stoney
            • Dec 2004

Might be interesteng to compile a list of PG and PG-13 rated movies that should be R. I don't watch R rated movies (difficult decision to stick to somtimes), but sometimes my wife and I get shocked by PG and PG-13 rated movies that seem as though they should be R.
            Emotiva UPA-700 Amp
            Emotiva UMC 200 pre/pro
            B&W DM605 S2 Mains
            DM602 S2 Surrounds
            DM601 S2 Rear Surrounds
            CC6 S2 Center.
            ASW 1000 Sub

Comment

• dyazdani
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Oct 2005

Plugged In is an excellent resource for determining the content of a movie.

BTW: in the lower left part of the page, you can do a sort of movies based on rating.
              Danish

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"