• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nick M
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Nov 2004

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Doled out my $4.75 for the film, and $7 for popcorn/soda... :roll: :lol:

The film seemed to possess less mysticism, and felt as though it was following a rigid rail-like system where it went on from one thing to another as if rushed. Towards the end it settled in good and ended on a much more dark nature than it's predecessors.

Overall I enjoyed it. A healthy move to a PG-13 rating allowed it more options for material too.

:35: out of :5:

I'll be picking it up to join the others when it hit's DVD.
    Last edited by Nick M; 27 November 2005, 23:22 Sunday.
    ~Nick
  • Sithlord
    • Aug 2004

I haven't read the book but I just saw this and I must say I was disappointed. I think after the first 1hr I just found it boring. I would have expected that Harry after being in training for the last 4 years would start to show some ability. The 3 tasks for the wizard cup were imo not creative enough and really didn't require much skill. Oh well I'm sure kids will love it.

Comment

• Lewing
      • Oct 2004

According to the book, those 3 tasks for the wizard cup are more complicated and challenging than in the movie. I kinda think they simplified the story a bit too much but overall i think the movie is quite good. Love the special effects.
      Live to Eat, Live to enjoy Music :T

http://community.webshots.com/user/lewing79

Comment

• aud19
        Twin Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2003

We saw this at our local IMAX yesterday. I CANNOT watch movies in a regular theatre anymore! :nonod: Either home with good PQ and SQ or IMAX with good PQ and SQ and a HUGE screen. That's it! The last few "regular" movies we've seen, the picture has been pixelized, and generally crappy and the sound wasn't much better :evil:

As for the movie itself, I thought the PQ and SQ were quite good. Lot's of deep shadows and special effects for the picture and surround effects and bass for the sound :T The DVD should be good like the rest

I haven't read the books but I do agree the challenges seemed a bit simplified and I would like to see Harry show a little more expertise when it comes to wizardry. At this point it seems to me he should be relying less on the skills of everyone else and a little more on his own... Otherwise it was quite entertaining and I quite enjoyed this versions more "adult" and "scarier" feel. There seemed a more real and tangible sense of danger that I felt was lacking slightly in the older versions.
        Jason

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"