X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

4th Harry Potter news

NEW YORK (AP) - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, the fourth instalment of the film series based on the J.K. Rowling novels, will be released simultaneously to both conventional theatres and in the big-screen IMAX format on Nov. 18.

"We previously committed to releasing two of Warner Bros. Pictures' biggest . . . films of 2005 in IMAX's format - Batman Begins and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - and Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire is a great addition to that list," Dan Fellman, president of Domestic Distribution at Warner Bros. Pictures, said in a statement Monday.

The latest Harry Potter film was directed by Mike Newell. Daniel Radcliffe returns as Harry, with Rupert Grint starring as Ron Weasley and Emma Watson as Hermione Granger.
  • Nick M
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Nov 2004

Too bad the "Race of the Trilogys" is coming to an end. It was great when we had prospects of LOTR, Star Wars, and Harry Potter to look forward to. In a few weeks Harry Potter will be the only one left...

Btw, I've added this to my must-see list.
    ~Nick

Comment

• Chris D
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Dec 2000

Huh... HP on Imax. Cool. I think they're fun, but not my favorite.
      CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
      - Pleasantville

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Chris have you read the books?

Comment

• Chris D
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Dec 2000

No, but I'd very much like to. I enjoy reading, but my pile of books to read seems to keep growing, not get smaller as it is.
          CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• David Meek
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

Chris, FWIW the Potter's are easy reads. The author is "maturing" the books as the characters age, so the latter issues do have more "meat on their bones" as far as the storyline goes. IMHO of course.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Sarahbee
              • Jun 2005

I agree that they are easy books...and addictive! I read the last one in two days because I couldn't put it down I'm really looking forward to both the movie and the 6th book...
              "We have so much time and so little to do. Strike that, reverse it." - Roald Dahl, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Comment

• Chris D
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Dec 2000

Yup, my "Need to read" list just keeps getting bigger. I just returned from Vegas, so I bought a book about craps in the airport on the way back to be better prepared for the next time. And someone else just made a recommendation of John Le Carre books, which sound like a great suggestion from the sounds of it, so I've got to add his stuff. I still need to read the last half of Stephen King's "Dark Tower" book series, and have several books to read in Orson Scott Card's "Ender's Game" and "Shadow Puppet" series, which is another one of my favorites.

It just keeps going.
                CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• David Meek
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Aug 2000

The Dark Tower is pretty fair reading. I'm not a big Stephen King fan, but I like that series. I've read Ender's Game (enjoyed it a lot) and meant to go on to the rest of the series but let it slip. Guess I'll head to the local book store tomorrow to see if I can find Speaker For The Dead. Thanks for the reminder Chris.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled programming. . . .
                  Last edited by David Meek; 13 June 2005, 13:28 Monday. Reason: omitted a word

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Sarahbee
                    • Jun 2005

I just returned from Vegas, so I bought a book about craps in the airport on the way back to be better prepared for the next time.
                    Craps is one of my favorite gambling games...please pass on any tips that you have from the book!

I've also had the Dark Tower books on my list for some time. Maybe some day I'll get to them!

Topic? Here's the Harry Potter trailer if anyone hasn't seen it: http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/har...egobletoffire/
                    "We have so much time and so little to do. Strike that, reverse it." - Roald Dahl, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"