X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bob
    • Jul 2000

I Walk The LIne

Big thumbs up.
    Last edited by Bob; 19 November 2005, 11:17 Saturday. Reason: The smiley face with the thumbs up didn't appear
  • Foxman
    • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Bob
    Big thumbs up.
    It looks like it would be great movie, I look forward to it.
    IMO

My Movies
    Bad Pics of my system

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

A definite must see, but I'll probably wait and buy the dvd.
      My Homepage!

Comment

• Burke Strickland
        • Sep 2001

OK -- if you haven't watched it yet, no more excuses. "Walk The Line" is now out on DVD and well worth your time and money to get it and enjoy watching it. If Reese Witherspoon doesn't win the Oscar for this one, then the Academy members didn't watch the movie, either. The acting (by both her and Joaquin Phoenix) is dazzling -- not "over the top" dazzling, but "these people are really living through all this" kind of dazzling. That the leads did their own singing adds to the verisimilitude.

Even if you were not a fan of Johnny Cash and/or June Carter when they were alive, this movie will probably not only make you laugh and cry (sometimes at the same time) but may also motivate you to go out and get a few of their albums. If you were already a fan, this film will probably have you nodding and saying "wow -- so that's where that came from".

One of my neighbors said he was disappointed because there was "so much story and not enough singing". My response was "If all you want is singing, get a music video". The film would have been too superficial as the story of their lives if all it had was concert footage -- the back story was very moving and it adds to our appreciation of a couple of great artists.

Highly recommended.

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2001

I hope to watch it sometime this week. Being an old Cash fan with a lot of his albums ( mostly lps) I look forward to this entertaining event. And there's really good scuttlebutt on Reese winning the Oscar tonight, so I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for her.
          My Homepage!

Comment

• Chris D
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Dec 2000

I just saw it, and really liked it. Some very touching scenes and storylines with his dad and stuff. Thumbs up. :T
            CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
            - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"