X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bob
    • Jul 2000

Ray

:T :T
    Jamie Foxx just may be the best actor in Hollywood at this time. That's all I'm going to say. I'll leave the movie reveiw to someone else.
  • Burke Strickland
    • Sep 2001

Originally posted by Bob
    Jamie Foxx just may be the best actor in Hollywood at this time.
    Unlike a lot of movie stars who walk through roles "playing themselves", Jamie Foxx really does act the part. When he was on The Tonght Show recently, he didn't look, act or sound at all like Ray Charles. But in the movie, he IS Ray Charles. That's Acting.

Of course, one reason he sounds like Ray Charles when he is singing in the movie is that they use Ray Charles' voice on the songs. But why not? Using any other voice would probably come off like an SNL parody.

For some (mostly favorable) critical opinions of the movie, check out Rotten Tomatoes.

One crtiic says: "In Taylor Hackford's "Ray," Jamie Foxx delivers the season's most mesmerizing performance as late singer Ray Charles." and another says ""Let's just give him his Oscar now and be done with it." Might as well... although it is too early to say it's a "lock", the chances have to be awfully good that he will at least be nominated for, and probably win, "Best Actor" for 2004.

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

Foxx is one terrific actor. His role in ANY GIVEN SUNDAY made the flick one of my favorites for multiple viewings. I really look forward to seeing him in RAY and I hope the Oscar is his.
      My Homepage!

Comment

• David Meek
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

If you didn't see his recent role in Collateral opposite Mr. Cruise, you're missing another good performance. Can't wait to see Ray, too.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2001

I missed COLLATERAL at the theater but am looking forward to the dvd. I can well imagine that Foxx is great as usual.
          My Homepage!

Comment

• H.Donald
            • Aug 2004

And let's not forget him as Drew"Bundini"Brown in ALI...a heck of a film with a GREAT soundtrack.

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Jan 2001

And let's not forget him in IN LIVING COLOR. Not only is he a good actor today, he was and still is one hell of a good comedien. The double ugly, cockeyed female masseuse he often played in IN LIVING COLOR on tv used to have me rolling on the floor in laughter.
              My Homepage!

Comment

• H.Donald
                • Aug 2004

Gee,the guy really has done many different kinds of roles.I believe he had a starring role in a short lived sit-com also.Definately not a one-trick pony like so many
                Hollywood actors...such as Tommie lee Jones,Gene Hackman always the same person no matter what the film.

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"