X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palmetto
    • Nov 2003

some say it does not exist - an attractive speaker selector

speaker selector boxes are usually tucked away in a closet or a wall unit, so i have not found one that has a "design" or at least is easier on the eyes than the usual utilitarian buttons on an ugly plastic box.

anyone have suggestions? i've looked at niles, speakercraft, russound, adcom and sima.

requirements: capacity to drive 3 or 4 pairs of speakers, impedance protection, for use with the sony str da1000es receiver (100W). itinitial use is a pair of outdoor JAMO I/O 8s and 1 Boston Acoustic dual coil in-ceiling speaker.

thanks!
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Myles, just to be clear here - do you want a simple A/B/C switchbox or do you want a multi-zone amplification unit? Also, how many "channels" will you need down the road?

David - HTGuide flunky
    Our "Theater"
    Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• palmetto
      • Nov 2003

<do you want a simple A/B/C switchbox or do you want a multi-zone amplification unit?just a switchbox, designed with impedance protection for the a/v receiver.

the sony dA1000es has an A/B selector on the front panel. i will use the "A" for a 3.1 system for music and directv. it is my primary use of the receiver. the "B"will be connected to a speaker selector to split into two additional locations: 1) 2 outdoor JAMO I/O8s for stereo music, and 2) 1 celing mounted Boston Acoustics dual coil speaker. in the future, i may want to add a third set of JAMOs outside so the speaker selector should have a 3 or 4 capacity (never seen 3!).

i thing this answers your question about "channels." did it?

thanks.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"