X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GregoriusM
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2000

Club Outlaw

Apparently the Outlaw people are coming out with a new receiver which they will preview at the Home Exhibition show in New York.

Their first receiver sold like gangbusters, and apparently still sells well. I'm wondering what will be included in this new receiver and at what price point.

Does anyone have any more news about this or any other Outlaw Audio equipment.

Perhaps this can be Club Outlaw on HTGuide.

I do not have any Outlaw equipment myself, but am interested in information on the new receiver.

Greg
    Gregor
  • Kevin P
    • Aug 2000

We used to have a Club Outlaw years back but it was disbanded. :cry:

I have the venerable 1050, it's a nice piece though it's getting a bit outdated now. It did sell really well but it's discontinued now. Outlaw is pushing the 950/7100 combo in its place until they can bring out another HT receiver.

As for the new receiver, the RR 2150, it's supposed to be the ultimate 2 channel stereo receiver, rather than a home theater receiver. It's for those of us who want a quality receiver for a 2 channel system, with a good tuner, good amps, and a pure analog path, though from what I've heard it will also have a USB connection so you can connect it to your PC for playing MP3s, etc. so it'll be the ultimate PC sound card too.

The last newsletter hinted at a new product in the category that gave Outlaw its start. Well, they started out with amplifiers, so maybe a new amp offering, or maybe they're finally working on a successor for the 1050.

Comment

• GregoriusM
      Super Senior Member
      • Oct 2000

I'm thinking that it is a new receiver. I know about the RR2150.

Anyway, we can have this thread for anyone who does have Outlaw equipment and wants to comment.

If there is no interest, we can always delete it, eh Kev?

Here's hoping that we can draw even more users to comment!

G.
      Gregor

Comment

• Kevin P
        • Aug 2000

Well, no need to delete it... if it thrives it thrives (and gets stickied). If it dies... it falls off the bottom and is forgotten. Hopefully it'll thrive, as I'm sure we're not the only two Outlaw fans on the board. We have to give Club Rotel a run for its money! :-y

Comment

• GregoriusM
          Super Senior Member
          • Oct 2000

Some new pics and a little bit of information on Outlaw's new stuff:

New stuff from Outlaw

A 7 x 300 amp. Wo!

Also, they made it very clear that the new 1070 receiver is 65 w/ch with ALL channels driven. I don't know, however, if that is a 1 khz or over the whole frequency band.

G.
          Gregor

Comment

• Kevin P
            • Aug 2000

I think the 65W amps in the 1070 will be the same as the ones used in the 1050 (but there will be 7 channels instead of 6). Meaning they're pretty darned good amps for a receiver, and I believe it's a 20-20Khz rating there too.

The 1070 looks like it will sport some really nice features for a sub-$1000 receiver, including component video switching and upconversion, and DVI switching.

I think I know what my next upgrade will be! :drool: Sounds like the perfect replacement for my aging 1050.

Comment

• GregoriusM
              Super Senior Member
              • Oct 2000

An excerpt from Outlaw Audio's newsletter - regarding the 1070 receiver.

"Finally, ......... the first preview of our Model 1070 Receiver. Scheduled to ship
              before the end of the year, it will offer all the latest surround modes
              (including Dolby ProLogic IIx, Dolby Virtual Surround and Dolby Headphone).

Among it’s many features will be:

· High quality video cross-conversion so that only one component video
              connection is needed between the Model 1070 and your video display

· RS-232 connectivity for bi-directional control of the receiver by a
              computer or keypad system as well as full upgrade capability for both the
              software library and the unit’s operating system

· A total of eight digital inputs (four coax/four optical)

· Three assignable, high-bandwidth component video inputs

· A 7 x 65 watt amplifier with the power and performance made famous by
              our first receiver, the legendary Model 1050

· AND FINALLY, in keeping with the Model 1050’s tradition of firsts, the
              Model 1070 will include a two input DVI switcher for your HDTV and
              high-resolution video input sources: The first affordable receiver with such
              circuitry

As announced at the show the price of the receiver is expected to be “under
              $1000”. Of course, the exact price and how much “under $1,000” will be
              determined as we get a bit closer to production at the end of the year."

And those 65W per channel are apparently with ALL channels driven with the frequency from 20Hz to 20kHz.

Also notice Dolby Headphone for those people who use headphones after midnight in their apartments and view this as useful.

Greg
              Gregor

Comment

• GregoriusM
                Super Senior Member
                • Oct 2000

Kevin: FYI

"Lest there be any doubt, our next receiver will be a totally new, zero-based design conceived by the Outlaws. It will not be a derivative of any product currently on the market, or planned for the market. The feature set will be a logical combination of the things that you want, without adding any technologies that will jeopardize the price or which are not yet "ready for prime time".
                Gregor

Comment

• Nick M
                  Ultra Senior Member
                  • Nov 2004

Indecision!

I simply can't decide what to buy... Rotel or Outlaw...

I was considering the RSP-1068 & RMB-1075 from Rotel, but the performance and price of the Model 950 & 755 combo is unbelieveable. It will also give me 200Wx5 instead of 120Wx5 for greater headroom.

Boy is this a tough decision... :M :cry:
                  ~Nick

Comment

• kgveteran
                    • Oct 2005

I joined two years ago with the 990 and now with three M-200's.Yehoo
                    Here is my LCR "Trio". Way to go guys !

Comment

• chasw98
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Nicholas Mosher
                      I simply can't decide what to buy... Rotel or Outlaw...

I was considering the RSP-1068 & RMB-1075 from Rotel, but the performance and price of the Model 950 & 755 combo is unbelieveable. It will also give me 200Wx5 instead of 120Wx5 for greater headroom.

Boy is this a tough decision... :M :cry:
                      Well, if it helps, I have a 950 and am/was thinking of "upgrading" to a Rotel 1068, but I just don't think there will be much of a sonic gain for me. I am also looking at a Cary Cinema 6. A 990 would be in the running also but I don't think it upconverts component to DVI. I might be wrong though. The 950 has spectacular specifications for its price. If I were to criticize it, all I could say was that the switching of the audio takes a bit of time till it decodes when switching between sources. Other than that I am very happy with mine. And I only paid $400.00 for it.

Chuck

Comment

• riceaterslc
                        • Aug 2006

Originally posted by chasw98
                        A 990 would be in the running also but I don't think it upconverts component to DVI. I might be wrong though.
                        Chuck
                        talk about bringin a thread back from the dead! the 990 does not upconvert from component to dvi, but it will do composite or s-video to component. the downside, however, is that it takes forever for the signal to upconvert so changing channels become annoying. i just switched back to composite output to the projector and am pretty happy.
                        chris

Comment

• chasw98
                          Super Senior Member
                          • Jan 2006

Duh..... So Nick asked his question in '04 and I answered in '06. I just saw the 12-10 date and didn't notice the year. Oh well, it has been a long week. And you're right about bringing it from the dead.

Comment

• Kevin P
                            • Aug 2000

Talk about bringing a thread back from the grave... since the last post 2 years ago, a house fire sent my 1050 to the great home theater in the sky... now I'm a card carrying member of Club Sherwood Newcastle with a P-965 pre-pro and A-965 7 channel amp. Very nice piece of equipment, similar to the Outlaw 990 pre-pro.

Comment

• kgveteran
                              • Oct 2005

I wish Outlaw would give more options in the XO dept. It would be nice to have choices regarding the slopes for the hipass on the mains and centers.

It makes no sense to have 24db/oct on the sub and 12db/oct on the mains and center.The only way to get those two even would be to have an acoustic rolloff or an F3 of 80hz or so on the mains and center.I'm not sure what world builds monitors that roll off acoustically at 80hz.....It must be a THX thing.
                              Here is my LCR "Trio". Way to go guys !

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎
                              Searching...Please wait.
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                              There are no results that meet this criteria.
                              Search Result for "|||"