Anthem MRX-500
    Anthem MCA-30
    Attached Files
    GO Revel!!!!! (powered by ;x( Anthem)

Comment

• wettou
      Ultra Senior Member
      • May 2006

Too bad they have decided to make the look so busy, I heard it is a very nice unit
      Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• renowilliams
        • Apr 2011

I just picked up an Anthem AVM 20 used in mint condition and I have to say I'm very impressed with the 2 channel capabilities. I have it paired with my old Rotel RB870BX amp at the momment. Also using my Vintage Polk SDA speakers. I am a happy camper.

Comment

• renowilliams
          • Apr 2011

Originally posted by whoaru99
          Set the BD player output mode to "5.1+2", then set the 6-ch input of the Anthem to "Anlg-DSP".
          Is this set the same in the AVM 20 using an oppo bdp-93?

Comment

• KRC
            • Aug 2004

I have no sound coming from my LR channel of my MCA 50. I am sending it down to the reps/techs in Toronto for a fix/repair. I have swapped cables, checked my processor and narrowed it down to the amp. What am I looking at for repair costs and is there anything else they can do to the amp overall to update the amp.

Kevin

Comment

• KRC
              • Aug 2004

Got my amp back from the factory for repair, turned out to be a defective "relay", $53.00 to fix of course the bulk being labour, the relay was probably $1.29. Hooked it up and now sounds amazing. They must have thrown a hand full of "Pixi dust" in there to sweeten the sound. I did not realize how much I much I was missing in HT with one channel not operating. I am running the AVM 50 does anyone compare the AVM50 with the AVM50V?

Kevin

Comment

• tuoce
                • Feb 2012

Help please. Cannot get 5.1 sound from my ANTHEM AVM 30?

My ANTHEM AVM 30 and OPPO95 are connected via XLR IC's and via 6 RCA's for 6 channel. The XLR direct for stereo works great but when selecting 6 channel for 5.1 audio from the OPPO when watching movies only gives 2 channel sound. I have had it set up also with DVD selection on the ANTHEM via coax and this did provide 5.1 sound until I did the set up with 6 channel cables and wanted to improve the sound and disconnected the coax cable. The ANTHEM does not have HDMI which is fine for me, HDMI goes directly to the TV.
                I did follow the OPPO manual but of course it is possible I made a mistake.
                Unless of course something is wrong with one of the units.
                The settings of the ANTHEM are:
                Selected 6 channel and then the display reads "6CH ANLG-DSP MAin 5.1"
                the sound coming out is still 2 channel with this setting.
                When clicking the button MOD the display reads " 6 CH input , NONE "

Any suggestions please?
                Thank you

Comment

• thxthx
                  • Nov 2011

I have the Anthem 50v. Sorry guys but I am not impressed at all. I have lost the warmth I had with my previous processor and the Anthem has several issues with it, including not being able to handle video switching without having to turn the unit off and on again. I have now returned it to the dealer and they will try to fix it. I hope they don't fix it as I'd rather a refund. Not impressed at all. I am annoyed that McIntosh have now come out with their MX121 as I would have purchased that for just a little more than the Anthem. Anyway... thats my 2 cents.

Comment

• june
                    • Feb 2005

hello all,

i just picked up an anthem tpl-1 pre-amp for two channel. i'm loving this pre-amp with energy rc30 and polk subwoofer. i've been a rotel person from 5.1 surround sound. i switched from a rsp-976 to the anthem tlp for 2-channel. smooth jazz (internet radio) & rcc-1055 cd player are the sources
                    June
                    "IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN, YOU PLAN TO FAIL"

Comment

• thxthx
                      • Nov 2011

Well, I have my Anthem back from the distributor and they cannot fix it. I have passed on my concerns about the unit to THX and they have tested it (not mine but another machine) and confirmed the audio drop out issue I was having. I gather this is an issue with the design of the unit so I have refused a replacement unit as it seems they will all be the same. I have read several threads where people also have issues with video switching as I do. The distributor also made some concerning comments about the unit, basically suggesting that the Anthem cannot always handle everything it is supposed to do and doesn't like too many inputs! The retailer is trying to tell me that I have a complicated system... Not sure what is complicated about having the Anthem running a Blu-ray player and a Laserdisc player... and thats it????????

The company still refuses to issue a refund and are digging a bigger and bigger hole for themselves. Typical electrical company arrogance!

Comment

• Lex
                        Moderator Emeritus
                        • Apr 2001

I saw where Anthem just came out with two new receivers. Anyone care to cover the introduction? Maybe someone will look them up and post something about them for us...

Since this section has failed miserably in last few years... Something new would be good, and hopefully better than at least 1 customer's response!

Doug
                        Doug
                        "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• LJN
                          • Jul 2006

Hallo, do some one have the circuit scheme for Anthem MCA 5 version one? Serialnumber 109002 year 1999. I need to check the adjusting of the bias settings. I have contacted Anthem support but they will not share the curcuit scheme for this old unit? If it was a newer productline I have to understand that, but a old unit which was replaced 2001....

BR, Lennart
                          /Lennart Jonsson from Sweden

Comment

Working...
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"