X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

All B & W Club members please read

Gentlemen, HTGuide was a forum before Club B & W and it will likely be a forum after Club B & W is gone, that is if it looses popularity at some point.

Club B & W was established to give you a place to talk about B & W speakers. It was not established to discuss amps, pre-pros, cables and sources. It's a narrow focus I know. But if clubs and the rest of the forum are to succeed, there simply must be dividing lines. Otherwise, it's like a party where everyone goes off to a private room, and no one stays in the main room. Suddenly, the main part of the house isn't much of a party... Does that make sense?

While I realize it's difficult to put speakers in a vaccum by their self. I'm not going to leave this area as a Skeet Shoot for everything audio at the expense of our audio and home theater forums.

I or staff, will in the future either lock, move, or delete at our option threads that drift off the primary topic of B & W speakers. I realize some synergy issues will evolve as discussions occur, and to a point, that's fine. Just please be aware of our desire to not have this be a complete audio forum with amp posts, source posts, cable posts, and so on.

Apparently Scarp took offense to my original post here saying I would lock the next thread that was about amps, locked the threads about amps below, deleted his own posts, and quit. I'm very disappointed that he chose to do this when all I was trying to do, was keep Club B & W on topic. But I as owner and administrator will effectively assist keeping forums on topic always. As long as it's my forum I will.

My intent was never to lock the 3 or 4 threads below on amps. I was planning to allow those, but with notice that the practice wasn't to continue in this area. Amp posts belong in audio. So, now we lost a good moderator over this, and it's eating into my time more and more. Please insure that this doesn't happen again with the next moderator if anyone decides to take this area on.

Lex
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

After further discussion with Scarp, it would appear there are other reasons he decided to step down unrelated to the issues here. Perhaps these issues were a part of it, I don't know. But Scarp had other valid reasons to step down, and thus chose to do so.

Lex
    Doug

Comment

• aphexist
      • Jan 2004

From my brief experience under his iron fist, I don't feel that he was well-suited to the task of moderating this forum.

Comment

• Scarp
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by aphexist
        From my brief experience under his iron fist, I don't feel that he was well-suited to the task of moderating this forum.
        Ah well... some day you'll see the light and know that in a surround setup, every speaker is just as important as the other. Exactly like it is in a stereo setup.

Hey... actually ... dvd-audio and SACD have the requirement that each speaker is equal distance and of equal size (also for SACD they want you to have full range speakers).

Anyway keep your low blows to yourself. I've been a moderator for a while longer and our discussion just got out of hand since you started making stupid remarks.

Comment

• Lex
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Apr 2001

I wish I'd have seen that remark back in March. Scarp was a good moderator. In fact, I not only hated to loose him, I wish we had 2 more like him. Mr didn't sign a name to your post as required in the rules, next time if you don't have something positive to say about our staff, please just keep your comments to your self or make any comments you have about one of our moderators to me personally and above all privately. Failure to do so will be grounds for membership termination.

Lex
          Doug

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"