X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Club Anthem

Alright folks how many Anthem owners do we have out there?

• Michael Mohrmann
    • Feb 2003

Count me as one.

With the soon to be released software upgrade, v2.10, the discussions should get interesting again for Anthem owners.

Michael

Comment

• Fraggle_Rock
      • May 2003

I'd like to see an Anthem forum.

Comment

• fitsman
        • Jul 2003

Count me in.

My Home Theater - Anthem AVM-20, Krell KAV-2250, MCA5, Mits HDTV, Marantz DV-8300...
        My Home Theater - Anthem AVM-20, Krell KAV-2250, MCA5, Mits HDTV, Marantz DV-8300...

Comment

• Michael Mohrmann
          • Feb 2003

Well, around 35-40 AVM-20 owners (that I could determine) have been notified to the existence of this thread. If the majority of them choose to stick with the HTF long threads, then I guess we will have to nix the Club Anthem idea once again. Better to find that out via this thread than by opening an Anthem forum, only to have to close it again.

Michael

Comment

• Lex
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Apr 2001

Michael, you know, I emailed you about helping before the last one closed, as in becoming a moderator, but I never got a reply. Maybe you didn't get the message. I will bring Anthem back, but it's going to have to earn it's way back, that's all. I want to see some real interest, and people staying with it, then, I will do it.

thanks,
            Lex
            Doug
            "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Michael Mohrmann
              • Feb 2003

Well, it looks like attempt #2 is going down in flames, even worse than the first try. Sorry Lex, I can't seem to generate enough steam to get this club rolling.

Michael

Comment

• Lex
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Apr 2001

Well, how about this? You guys that ARE interested, START talking about Anthem here! Then, if the information gets "good", you may want to tell people about the info, where to find it, and boom, it starts. I really think that is the best way to get a club going.

I mean, all that the club is is a dedicated area, we can have a dedicated thread just like another forum, then as it gains momentum, let it become a club. You can start it in the home theater section, or maybe...

I could establish a forum called "New Clubs", and let the threads take off there.

If you want to try, I'll try, but if not, I understand.

thanks,
                Lex
                Doug

Comment

• Audioclyde
                  • Aug 2000

Having sold my beloved Halo C1 for financial reasons, I was looking for a good, used pre/pro under $2k as its replacement. I happened to stop by an audio shop in the midst of a move and was offered an incredible deal on the AVM-20, so I'll pick it up today and am eager to get it running. I eagerly await the 2.10 software, as it will provide most of the options I thought were missing from the 2.09 AVM-20's!

From what I've read, the menu format in the new software is easier to use--from my brief playing with the AVM-20, I hope this is so such that most if not all options (such as different level setups, default mode, etc.) for each source are programmed in one place.

Comment

• Michael Mohrmann
                    • Feb 2003

Audioclyde,

Did a warranty come with the used AVM-20? I think having a dealer sell a used AVM-20 is the only way a warranty can be attached to it.

From what I've read, the menu format in the new software is easier to use--from my brief playing with the AVM-20, I hope this is so such that most if not all options (such as different level setups, default mode, etc.) for each source are programmed in one place.
                    Most of the input source options are in one location. They include the analog/digital option, Bass/Treble settings, Component video mapping option, configuration option ("cinema" or "music"), group delay, and the default DSP modes by source type (2 channel, DD2.0, DD5.1, DTS, DD-EX, DTS-ES).

About the only source-related option not in this setup menu (#5) is the input level setup menu. They are still together in menu #6, which makes some sense because if you were going to use this feature, you would want to balance the levels of all of the inputs against each other. Having them in the same menu makes this task easier.

Michael

Comment

• Michael Mohrmann
                      • Feb 2003

Audioclyde,

I forgot to mention that the input source setup menu also includes the rename function and the ability to map the input to any digital input. The latter includes all of the coax inputs, Toslink inputs, and the digital balanced input.

A single digital input can be mapped to more than "Input" (DVD, CD, SAT, etc.). So, your DVD player's coax output can be linked to the DVD Input and the CD Input on the AVM-20, allowing you to set different presets depending on what you are using the DVD player for.

Michael

Comment

• Audioclyde
                        • Aug 2000

Michael,

It's a dealer demo, so comes with full warranty. I got it hooked up last night, but haven't had time to calibrate levels, etc. On my limited listening, it sounded very good; I'll have to get it set up correctly and spend more time with it to really compare it to the Halo.

That info. on the new software menus sounds great!

Comment

• Michael Mohrmann
                          • Feb 2003

Audioclyde,

Getting a demo AVM-20 can be a good deal, depending on how the dealer treated it and whether they have a liberal in-home audition policy. But with a 5-year warranty in place, you should be protected.

A Halo C1 @ $6000 vs. the AVM-20 @ $3400 would appear to be an unfair comparison, especially since you termed your C1 "beloved". Hopefully your financial situation that caused you to sell the C1 also doesn't prevent you from enjoying the AVM-20, especially if the AVM-20 lacks the sound quality or the flexibility of the C1.

Michael

Comment

• Audioclyde
                            • Aug 2000

The AVM-20 seems to be in mint condition and so far is performing very nicely.

The Halo C1 was my 2nd favorite processor sonically (and I've tried a bunch!), second only to the Meridian 568 (the 568's lack of 6 channel analog pass-thru ultimately made me look elsewhere). Too early to tell, but the Halo may be a bit warmer and more musical to me IMHO, but so far I'm fairly impressed with the Anthem. From a flexibility standpoint, after the 2.10 Anthem upgrade, I think they will be fairly equal.

Comment

• Michael Mohrmann
                              • Feb 2003

In case there are any AVM-20 owners on this forum, Anthem has released v2.10 on their web site at:

Let the fun begin!

Michael

Comment

• Michael Mohrmann
                                • Feb 2003

For anyone who is curious what v2.10 entails for the AVM-20, check out the following link:

Michael

Comment

• Jeff Keene
                                  • Aug 2003

I am interested in the Anthem forum, truly. It just takes me a long time to find the time to post messages. Anyway, if it's not too late, here I am. ops:

Comment

• Tom Camlioglu
                                    • Aug 2003

Yes ... I too am an Anthem owner!

Count me in too please.

Comment

• Matt Sprouls
                                      • Apr 2003

Count me in I just ordered an AVM 20 today, trading in my Rotel 1055.

Any news on the Director line yet?

Regards,
                                      Matt
                                      Regards,
                                      Matt

Comment

• Michael Mohrmann
                                        • Feb 2003

Originally posted by Matt Sprouls
                                        Any news on the Director line yet?
                                        Rumor has it the Director might be ready by the end of September. Of course, the Director has been rumored for release for over a year. I think the success of the AVM-20, plus the feedback Anthem has received on the Director has cause them to rethink the Director's design. Apparently, the Director was too similar to the AVM-20 to warrant its release last year.

Michael

Comment

• Lex
                                          Moderator Emeritus
                                          • Apr 2001

This area now moved to Stickyville with a single sticky thread, please repost any pertenent information there. That way non applicable information isn't posted by not moving this thread there to start.

Lex
                                          Doug

Comment

Working...
                                          😀
                                          😂
                                          🥰
                                          😘
                                          🤢
                                          😎
                                          😞
                                          😡
                                          👍
                                          👎
                                          Searching...Please wait.
                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                          Search Result for "|||"