Club McIntosh! Yeah, big green and blue!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

Club McIntosh! Yeah, big green and blue!!!

McIntosh – Legendary Handcrafted Home Audio and Home ...
    McIntosh handcrafts legendary home audio systems for music and home theater systems. Our home audio products have been made in the USA since 1949.

McIntosh Laboratory
    Founded in 1949, McIntosh continues to define the ultimate home entertainment experience for discriminating consumers around the world, with the iconic ...
    Amplifiers
    Power amplifiers are the driving force behind any great system ...
    Preamplifiers
    Preamplifiers: Buy high quality audio preamplifiers...
    New Products
    The latest McIntosh models are showcased in the New Products ...
    High End Stereo Amplifier of ...
    ... NAMED "HIGH END STEREO AMPLIFIER OF THE YEAR" BY ...
    Integrated Amplifiers
    McIntosh offers a wide range of integrated stereo amplifiers for ...
    McIntosh Amplifiers

Can now audition and now available at select Best Buy Stores!!! Unbelivable!
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer
  • Alaric
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Jan 2006

I saw this and fell in lust.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	McAmp.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	860290
    Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
    Marantz PM-KI Pearl
    Schiit Modi 3
    Marantz CD5005
    Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• Alaric
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Jan 2006

OK , I just perused the McIntosh site. I shall now go buy a Powerball ticket. Before I follow the links at the bottom of the page , like Wadia , acoustic research , Sonus Faber , etc.. Daaaaamn.

I clicked on an Oppo ad from HTG , too. Holy crap! They have really expanded their line! Planar headphones!? Methinks the days of Oppo being "cheap" high quality audio have passed.
      Last edited by Alaric; 23 November 2015, 13:16 Monday.
      Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
      Marantz PM-KI Pearl
      Schiit Modi 3
      Marantz CD5005
      Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• Lex
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Apr 2001

I saw one of those yesterday, it was gorgeous. As was everything I saw by McIntosh, the stuff was gorgeous. Well, I am not sure it was a 50th anniversary piece, but it might have been since it looked pretty much like that. Wonderful.
        Doug

Comment

• Alaric
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Jan 2006

The regular version has a stainless steel chassis , with the gold on the anniversary model. I know McIntosh makes some seriously powerful tube gear , but their little ones , like that , still make a hefty 75 watts per channel. The KT88 tubes should be able to handle a fair variety of speakers since McIntosh's Autoformers deliver the same power at 8 and 4 ohms. I have no idea what the prices are anymore , but I'd sure like to hear one.
          Last edited by Alaric; 23 November 2015, 13:17 Monday.
          Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
          Marantz PM-KI Pearl
          Schiit Modi 3
          Marantz CD5005
          Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• Lex
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Apr 2001

Hey, speaking from a guitar amp perspective, you'd be amazed at what even less than 50 tube watt amps can do. I have a 1/5/18 watt Hughes and Kettner guitar amp that is pretty amazing driving 2 12" speakers. I had a nice integrated tube amp once. But I don't think it was the best, I finally sold it, as it was difficult to divide my system up using tube and solid state.

But I could see a nice little separate listening room for this with my Concertos and my M & K subwoofer, or a nice REL sub. Very musical they are.
            Doug

Comment

• Alaric
              Ultra Senior Member
              • Jan 2006

I would love to have the "little" McAmp. Unfortunately , they are pushing $5000 used. That is a little (OK a lot) rich for my blood. In fact , the only way I'm buying a $5000 amp this year would be selling my blood , and I'm fair certain I don't have $5K worth! LOL
              Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
              Marantz PM-KI Pearl
              Schiit Modi 3
              Marantz CD5005
              Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• Kevin P
                • Aug 2000

OMG... I'd sell body parts for that amp, but nothing on me is worth even $50, and then I'd be dead and wouldn't be able to enjoy it anyway.

Tube amps sound great with less power since they distort in a more pleasant fashion when overdriven compared to SS amps. As I'm sure Lex knows, that's how they make "that" electric guitar sound.

Comment

• Alaric
                  Ultra Senior Member
                  • Jan 2006

No need to settle for less power with McIntosh's tube farms. 75 watt monoblocks , anyone?

Name:	75 watt.jpg
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	860331

Need more? How about a pair of 300 watt monos? LOL

Name:	300 watt.jpg
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	860332

I used to know a guy with two , 250 wpc MFA stereo valve amps that he used to bi amp a pair of B&W 801s. 1000 watts of tubey goodness. With Dark Side Of The Moon on the SOTA , the ceiling mounted bike rack in the garage came down. Scared the hell out of us , as we were researching the correlation between music volume and volume of beer consumed. (They are closely related. LOL)
                  Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
                  Marantz PM-KI Pearl
                  Schiit Modi 3
                  Marantz CD5005
                  Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• Lex
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Apr 2001

I would have to sell music instruments and or what photo gear I have left to do significant hardware purchase. I'm spent.

That tube amp is a Monster Lee. Funny on the bike rack and beer... lol.
                    Doug

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    😂
                    🥰
                    😘
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😞
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"