X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oppezzi
    • Feb 2005

power amplifiers

I'm looking for possible new or used power amplifiers in order to get the best from my Triangle Magellan Concerto lsp (93 db sensitivity)recently bought.
    From some reviews it seems to me that around $ 13,000 (eventually second hand) the best may be Classe' CA-M400, Mcintosh 501, Krell FPB 350cx (or 400 stereo), halcro dm 38 (second hand only).
    Im looking for the best "like-live" tranparency, soundstage, deep an controlled bass range.
    I'am asking too much?
    (I apologize for my english)
  • JonMarsh
    Mad Max Moderator
    • Aug 2000

Your Triangles won't need a lot of power to do their best, but it will need to be "good" power, as you understand. Availability may be as much a problem as locating the "right" amplifier, especially if you're looking to purchase second hand. Besides the amplifiers you suggest, I would also give a listen if possible to Ayre Acoustics and Theta Digital; their non-feedback designs are very natural and musical, as solid state amplifiers go. More like good tube amplifiers. Ayre's web site gives infomration on world wide distribution and contacts.

Regards,

Jon
    the AudioWorx
    Natalie P
    M8ta
    Modula Neo DCC
    Modula MT XE
    Modula Xtreme
    Isiris
    Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
    Minerva Monitor
    Calliope
    Ardent D

In Development...
    Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
    Obi-Wan
    Saint-Saƫns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
    Modula PWB
    Calliope CC Supreme
    Natalie P Ultra
    Natalie P Supreme
    Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
    Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• mluding
      • Feb 2005

Buona sera,

what about Audia (www.audia.it) from Italy? - They have great class A Mono-Blocks!

Another amplifer for You could be the highly regarded german AudioNET Monoblocks. As claimed in some Audio-tests they have the best seen measurements ever (just to mention the damping-factor of >10.000 at 100Hz :T )! A pair of their reference AMP II Max costs 10.000 euro (they are available in silver or black with a red or blue display!)

Link: http://www.audionetusa.com/amp11max.html

The german "Stereo" claims them on the same level as the ML 436:
      High End, Hifi, Stereo, Mehrkanal, Heimkino, Audio, Quellgeräte, VIP, ART, Vorverstärker, PRE, MAP, PAM, EPS, Endstufe, AMP, Max, SAM, CARMA

or look here ("...exceptional soundstaging!":
      High End, Hifi, Stereo, Mehrkanal, Heimkino, Audio, Quellgeräte, VIP, ART, Vorverstärker, PRE, MAP, PAM, EPS, Endstufe, AMP, Max, SAM, CARMA

Saluti da Roma
      Martin

Comment

• mluding
        • Feb 2005

I just received the 03/2005 Stereophile. There you can read a test of your Triangle Magellan with a Naim pre- and power-amplifer. Seems that this combination is working quite well!

Martin

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"