X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kurtholz
    • Feb 2005

Murata super tweeters

Hey all

I am curious if anyone has used these before,( Murata super tweeters) and if they are a must have or not,

It is a page about "The page you requested could not be found. | Murata Manufacturing Co., Ltd."

currently using B & W 803N, but have 802D's coming, could i possibly gain anything with an added tweeter like this?

upgraditis?

terrible sickness

:-)

regards

Kurt
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

I think that piezoelectric tweeters should stay where they rightly belong, really cheap PA equipment, or those devices used to repel bugs....

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• kurtholz
      • Feb 2005

hahahaha, but how do you really feel? i'm not understanding your reply, you need to learn how to express yourself

:-)

OK, thanks for the help, i was curious if anyone had heard them , not much info on them on an initial internet search

thanks

Kurt

Comment

• ThomasW
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

No offense but most males don't have much hearing beyond 15kHz. So I think the 28kHz response of the 802D would be adequate to the task.

And unless you have an SACD player with the output switched to the 'test' mode, I don't know anywhere you'd find front-end gear capable of reproducing ultrasonics, let alone sources containing ultrasonic material. The claim that having supertweeters capable of ultrasonic performance make normal treble sound better, is a bit much IMO...

BTW I have a SACD player with one of those 'test' switches and large hybrid planar line arrays each containing 16 leaf tweeters capable of 40kHz output. There's no audible difference when the switch is in the test position.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"