What 104mm flange tweeters do I NEED to hear?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TurboFC3S
    • Nov 2006

What 104mm flange tweeters do I NEED to hear?

I'm going to try something new. I have a nice pair of cabs built, currently housing a GR A/V3 MTM in the top section, and a pair of M-165x's in the bottom. I've been very impressed with these speakers, but of course anything can be improved So here's my plan ...

I got some of the new XBL motor GR 5.25" drivers to go in the same cabinet, and want to pair them with the best sounding tweeters available that'll fit the 104.5mm cutout. I currently have some Scan 6600 AirCirc's, Visaton KE25SC, Peerless HDS 810921, and Usher 9950's. I also have some Dayton RS28a I could put into the design. I won't be crossing super low, potentially it could be anywhere from 2000hz to 3500hz. Knowing that, and that it has to fit a 104.5mm cutout, what other tweeters would you think I should hear?

The purpose of this is simply to learn - compare differences between the tweeters and find out what sound I like best. I'm open to trying anything
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Thread locked pending reply to PM

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"