X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • J.H.
    • Nov 2005

Adcom Amps?

Does any body have any thoughts on Adcom amps? The GFA-7805 is a monster amp at 300 watts per channel and i'm dying to get more power into my system. I'm either going in two opposite ways. With 5 B&K mono amps or a multichannel powerfull amp like Adcom. What do you guys think? Thanks J.H.
  • Jraducha
    • Aug 2004

adcom makes some great products....give that gfa a try...you will be blown away...

Comment

• junior77blue
      • Nov 2004

You won't get much support for Adcom products here....not sure why. They seem good enough for me.

Comment

• ThomasW
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

I don't own any amps other than stereo or mono. Problem with a multi-channel amp is if you lose one channel you lose them all to the repair shop.
        Last edited by ThomasW; 01 May 2006, 16:08 Monday.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Glen B
          Super Senior Member
          • Jul 2004

I recall some past opinions on the older amps as having a certain amount of grain or grit in the treble. I can't say about the current offerings. I did own a couple of Adcom pieces (2-channel preamp and 5.1-channel pre-processor) years ago. They didn't remain in my system too long because of treble and noise floor shortcomings. Its always good to audition and judge for yourself as YMMV.

Comment

• J.H.
            • Nov 2005

Yeah odd not alot of play for Adcom on here but B&K has its own section and they get no play. I just bought a B&K Ref50 S2 and its amazing but not mucg talk on here about it or them. I may buy two B&K mono amps next. Anyway thanks for the help J.H.

Comment

• junior77blue
              • Nov 2004

If it's not ROTEL/Parasound/Classe....don't expect ppl to talk about them on here...

Comment

• J.H.
                • Nov 2005

You are right about that my friend. Rotel I was surprised to find out has the most play of any manufactures on here even more than Parasound. I had no idea Rotel sold that well or had that big a following. that surprised me. The guys really don't get a whole lot of talk and I wonder why?
                Last edited by J.H.; 24 May 2006, 20:56 Wednesday.

Comment

• junior77blue
                  • Nov 2004

Well, adcom really dropped the ball when they went to Home theater processors. I believe they aren't even manufacturing their equipment anymore...but that maybe just a rumor.

Either way, I use them...and like the SQ.

Comment

• J.H.
                    • Nov 2005

I've heard that about Adcom which is a shame but it doesn't explain why theres no play for B&K which is an excellent HT company that makes all there own equipment in Buffalo NY which is amazing this day and age. J.H.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    😂
                    🥰
                    😘
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😞
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"