X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • boe
    • Jul 2004

Amps designed for bi-amp speakers?

My current amp has a seperate speaker out for speakers that were designed for bi-amping. I've gotten a lot of positive feedback on the Brystons but I don't believe they have this feature. Are there any you would recommend that do?

Thanks
  • Kevin P
    • Aug 2000

If your amp has two sets of binding posts per channel, that's actually "bi-wiring", not true bi-amping, but that's just arguing semantics.

You can bi-wire from any amp, you just have to put two wires into the binding posts, or use bi-wire speaker cables that have one set of spades/pins/bananas but split out into two sets of wires.

If you're talking true bi-amping, you'd be using two separate amp channels to drive the highs and lows on the speakers being bi-amped. You can do that with any amp as well, but you'll need two amp channels for each speaker to be bi-amped.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"