X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • boe
    • Jul 2004

Bryston Release schedule for Amps

Hello,

I have recently saved enough money to consider buying some Bryston amps but I hate buying something only to find out a newer model is coming out in just a few months. Does anyone have any insider info on when Bryston will be releasing their next amps?

Thanks
    Last edited by boe; 05 March 2005, 14:13 Saturday.
  • jimmyp58
    Super Senior Member
    • Aug 2003

Simple. Go the the Bryston website and look up contact info. Send them an e-mail. More than likely, James Tanner will respond.
    jpiscitello@ameritech.net

Comment

• boe
      • Jul 2004

Thanks - I've sent them an e-mail, so far no reply.

Comment

• Adz
        • Jan 2004

Boe -
        You never know but I would be very surprised if Bryston came out with a new line of amps - anytime soon. They just recently changed the face on their SST line and a couple of other cosmetic tweaks that have no impact on sound. And they are currently focusing a lot of their R&D and other efforts into upgrading their 1.7 pre/pro again.

Havign said that, I own the 6B SST and love it. I originally had a 2 channel Rotel 1080 and the 5 channel Rotel 1095. When they weren't blowing fuses and having other problems, the Rotels were blowing away my previous Pioneer HT receiver. But the 6B SST is on a whole different level from the both of those - I rarely notice sonic differences whether its comparing similar equipment or cables or whatever, and don't tend to post made-up claims - but I listened to all three in the comfort of my home and the Bryston is just in another stratosphere.

But it ain't cheap - I wish Jimmy had opened up his Next Level AV business when I bought mine because I know I would have saved a lot more money buying all my Bryston equipment from him then the measly discount I managed to negotiate out of my a/v dealer in NJ. It also has a 20 year transferrable warranty which in my opinion is most helpful if you wanted or needed to sell as this helps to hold its value big time!!
        Adz

Comment

• boe
          • Jul 2004

Thanks for the feedback. Right now I have a parasound 3500 (which isn't bad but isn't in the same category as a Brytson) for the front, and a Rotel 3 channel for the rears and the center. The rotel has not given me any problems but it doesn't have as warm of a sound as the parasound. I figured I'd move the rotel to the bedroom and get a nice replacement amp for my fronts and center.

I'm in the technology sector so I have a hangup when it comes to buying anything that is due for replacement soon. I know many vendors won't tell you about replacement units until they are close to shipping as they don't want sales to drop off on their current units.

Comment

• Adz
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by boe
            I'm in the technology sector so I have a hangup when it comes to buying anything that is due for replacement soon. I know many vendors won't tell you about replacement units until they are close to shipping as they don't want sales to drop off on their current units.
            Boe,

I am not sure I would put amplifier "technology" in the same class as a computer, DVD player, HT processor, or a TV set for that matter. Except for advances in digital amp technology, you pretty much bet that an amp like Bryston' SST will be in use for a long time.
            Adz

Comment

• boe
              • Jul 2004

Thanks for your response. Now I guess the hunt is on for a good price on the 6B SST. Too bad their aren't as many bryston dealers in a given location as their are grocery stores. I've only got one price so far. It is a shame I can talk a car dealer down over the phone but can't do it for a nice amp.

Comment

• caleb
                • Aug 2004

7b Sst

I just got my two Bryston 7B SST monoblocks up and running into my B&W 802's.

They are an amazing sounding amp straight out the box and after some running in they sould be even better - go for the Brystons and you won't be sorry.
                :T

Comment

• Dlite
                  • Mar 2005

So does anyone have any idea when an replacement/upgrade to the 1.7 is likely? Has a prototype been auditioned at any shows ?

Thanks
                  Dlite

Comment

• jimmyp58
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Aug 2003

Great question on the 1.7 upgrade. Bryston owners have been promised this for some time and each time someone at Bryston indicates something is on the horizon, the date/time fades away.

The most recent one I heard a few weeks back is Spring 2005 so if this is true, it could be any of the next three months. One of their chief engineers was at school so this delayed any release.
                    jpiscitello@ameritech.net

Comment

• stringzz
                      • Apr 2005

What could they possibly upgrade on the 1.7? I guess you could throw Dolby PLIIx in the mix. Maybe the could upgrade the analog section to 26 specs, but isn't that mostly an upgraded external power supply?

Anyone have any ideas what the upgrade will be?

Comment

• caleb
                        • Aug 2004

I mailed them two weeks ago asking the same question - but no reply yet.

IMHO a room equalisation circuit similar to the TAG TMREQ would be a great advance.

Comment

• ZX10 Guy
                          • Mar 2005

Go here: http://www.audiocircle.com/circles/viewforum.php?f=57

This is a link for Bryston enthusiasts forum that is co-moderated by James Tanner, VP of Bryston. I've posted up messages there about my Bryston products and have gotten good responses from other Bryston owners and from James himself. He has also responded to PMs I've sent to him directly too.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"