X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DeepPurple23
    • Dec 2004

Denon 3810 vs 2200

Guys I have a chance to drastically reduce the price of these two units use my AMEX reward points, so the question becomes, which one? I currently have the 3805 with the Denon Link in the set in which this unit will go, however the unit will be replaced by yet undetermine separates. So that leads back to which unit would be better?

The setup also uses KEF reference speakers and a Pioneer elite HD RPTV, 60".

I look forward to your thoughts.
  • Aussie Geoff
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2003

DeepPurple,

I presume you mean the Deon 3910 - which is their latest Universal DVD player... The Denon 2200 is discontinued and has been for some time.... I'd be buying the 3910 (and indeed intend to in the new year!)

Geoff

Comment

• DeepPurple23
      • Dec 2004

Thanks Geoff,

You are correct I do mean the 3910. That's right they are coming out with the 2910 to replace the 2200. I guess that means I should hold on to the points a little longer and then compare the 2910 to the 3910.

I'm terrible with waiting on this stuff.

DeepPurple

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
        Super Senior Member
        • Oct 2003

Deeppurple,

The 3910 has better video and sound processing than the 2910. You can hear this quite clearly on a good sound system - especially with CDs, SACD and DVD-A. If you have a high quality projector or plasma or RPT you may also see the better picture quality...

It depends on what the price difference they are asking for in points and how good your current set-up is as to whether you will notice the extra quality... I do know that you won't go wrong by buying it though!!

In my opinion (given your already high quality set-up) you will easily notice the difference even with your current set-up the 60 Inch HD TV will show the extra picture quality and the KEF Reference Speakers the sound quality... So don't wait - get the 3910 now and enjoy!!!!

Geoff

Comment

• DeepPurple23
          • Dec 2004

Thanks Geoff,

I think that is where I'm going, at the end of the day, I could get the 2910 for "free" or pay something like $200 for the 3910. I think that is a pretty good deal, eh?

DeepPurple

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
            Super Senior Member
            • Oct 2003

DeepPurple,

A Denon 3910 fpr $200 more than a 2910 is a great deal given that it costs about $600 more retail.

Have a look at This THREAD. You might enjoy!

Geoff

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"