X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rick c
    • Aug 2004

Sonus Faber Concertinos?

Hey guys was wondering if you guys can help me out.I know nothing about these spkrs other what i have read.I finally saw a pair and they are beautiful.My question is how are they for HT as well as music.80%ht/tv 20&music.Also being that i have a rotel rsx1056 would this be enough for these speakers or would they require adding an amp.thanks
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Rick, you might try sending a PM to Lex. He's sort of our unofficial Sonus Faber worshiper.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Lex
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Apr 2001

Concertinos use pretty much the same tweeter as the Concerto. It's primarily cabinet and driver differences that make the Concerto deeper sounding, less thin than the Tinos.

The Tinos do sound a bit thin, weaker in mid-range possibly. But with sub support can sound pretty good for ~1K new price. As for home theater, you won't want to run Sonus faber at 100 db ear bleeding levels, as they likely won't take to much of that. but for reasonable volume,they can sound quite good for theater. I love my 7 Sf speaker arrangement.

Lex
      Doug
      "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Ken McDaniel
        • Aug 2000

This will be my once-in-a-blue-moon post. I use the Sonus Faber Concertino Homes for my rears paired with the Grand Piano (mains) and Solo (center). I auditioned this speaker originally with a Proceed amplifier and was enamored with the soundstage. Realistically, any Sonus Faber is underutilized as a rear speaker and the Concertino is no different. It is a capable speaker. Tone sweeps will find usefull response down to 50 Hz as indicated by the manufacturer. Like Lex said, as mains they must be paired up with a capable sub (or two) to make up for the lack of botton end; especially in theater applications. In two channel configs, they will pair nicely with a REL. They are power hungry, that is to say they don't run well off average receivers. I'm currently running my set with an ATI 1505 amplifier (I never could afford that Proceed).

If I had my druthers, I'd hunt down a used set of Concertos. The additional bottom end is worth the age.
        Ken

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"