X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Locutus2k
    • May 2004

1098: switching from digital to analog

One i thing i've always found a little confusing is the Rotel 1098 remote. Please can someone tell me how can i switch fron analog to digital inputs (es from a dvd/cd players) with one touch button operation?
    I'm talking about "simple" analog connections, not the bypass connection, which is very simple to switch on/off (and i use fro sacd/dvd-a discs).
    Thanks,

Locutus2k
  • dermie999
    • Jul 2004

All you need to do is hoild down the appropriate device button on the RR 1050 remote for a few seconds and switching occurs automatically. Provided you have configured the input from that device correctly then switching from digital to analogue occures when you switch devices.

For example my CD device is set up for analogue input and my DVD (on the V1 button) is set up for coaxial 1 input. Switching between analogue and digital occurs automatically when I hold down the device button. :T

Trevor

Comment

• PiDD
      • Aug 2003

What if you have your cd player hooked up using digital AND analog. Can you switch between them on the same input?

Comment

• Azeke
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2003

Yes, but I wouldn't suggest it. I have the Digital ouput for the CD player via one output and the analogue on a separate device output, it makes things easier. You can go into the menu however, and fool around with the input setup and change the input each time, but that became a hassle for me. I did that for testing purposes only.

Hope this helps,

Azeke

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
          Super Senior Member
          • Oct 2003

Pidd,

What if you have your cd player hooked up using digital AND analog. Can you switch between them on the same input?
          I agree with Azeke - I wouldn't recommend it. You can also use the D-SEL key (near the bottom of your remote) to move between the different inputs (digital select) but this is a pain to - as you have to switch from Optica 1 to Optical 2 to Optical 3 to Coax 1 etc and can be a source of great confusion. I have ended up using two devices which I have labled CD and CD Analog - much easier!

Geoff

Comment

• Marcel54
            • Jan 2004

I use a RDV1060 and I did the same. I use three connections on different buttons.
            1. DVD digital
            2. CD - analog
            3. DVD-A - 5.1 analog

It works like a charm.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"