X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Easyrider
    • Oct 2004

Rotel 1062

Hi guys

i m going to listen to this one today at a local store.

I choose 3 speakers to start with:
    Bw 601s3
    Monitor Audio S2
    Dynaudio 52 ( this one is out of my budget, but...)

what i want from you guys, that have a similar amp, is to tell what speakers do you have and if you like it or not? ( being this a Rotel club, i should expect that everyone likes it....) :twisted:

thanks
  • Easyrider
    • Oct 2004

well, i´ve listen to a RA-1060 with those 3 speakers, and all i can say is that Rotel plus Monitor Audio S1 and Bw 601s3 sounded very agressive.Not for me!

with the Dyn A42, things got a lot better, but a suprise was yet to come, when the dealer chaged the Rotel for a Cambridge Audio 540 Azur....its half of the price, yet sounded much better, so much more musical.

Bye Rotel....

Comment

• pbarata
      • Feb 2003

I’ve two friends that went through a similar dilemma. Both of them listened to Monitor Audio, B&W and Dynaudio. One of them decided to pair RA-1062 with B&W 704 and the other with Dynaudio 52. I would suggest, if you can afford it, to go for floor stands. Nevertheless you should try Monitor Audio S8 with RA-1062, which would be my choice (see also the review at http://europe.rotel.com/reviews/pdfs...cd1072-hfc.pdf) . Forget about B&W 600 series, they are not for RA-1062, it deserves a much better speaker. I’ve M Audio Silver 8i (now replaced by the new "S8") and the combination with Rotel amps is quite good, off course you will get a very transparent sound, which can sound too bright for your taste. It’s a difficult choice, good luck !!!
      Movies: Samsung LCD LE37A557, Rotel RSP-1066 & RMB-1075, Sony PS3, VdH D-102 Hybrid III interc, QED XT-350 & Supra Rondo 4x2,5 speaker cable, QED Qunex P75 coax, Monitor Audio Silver 5i/8i/10i speakers, REL Quake sub, QED Qunex SR-SW subwoofer cable, IXOS XHT458 HDMI, Supra LoRad, Isotek Mini Sub GII;
      Music: Rega Planar 3, Goldring 1042, Vincent PHO-8, Krell KAV-280cd, Krell KAV-400xi, B&W 703, Siltech SQ-28 Classic G5 (XLR), Siltech LS-68 Classic Mk2, Nordost Vishnu, QED Qonduit MDH6.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"