X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • slteam6
    • Oct 2008

Rotel 1062 and Dynaudio focus 110

Hello,

I'm looking for an amp to drive a pair of dynaudio focus 110's. I'll be using low to medium volume for a 12' X 12' room so I'm not concerned with loud volumes, just want the details and warmth to come out of the speaker at lower volumes.

Will the 1062 integrated amp be enough? If anyone has experience with this combo - please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks!
  • miner
    • Mar 2005

I use a Rotel Pre RC-1070 and amp RB-1070 to drive a pair of Dyn Audience 52SE - a very nice combo. The RB-1070 is 130w/ch and I rarely take it past 10 0'clock on the volume knob. This is in a 12 x17 x 8 room. This is my analogue sytem.

Comment

• style
      Super Senior Member
      • Feb 2006

Hallo miner,

I like the Dynaudio Fucos serie very much! the 140 is great, the 110 I dont have listen but will be not much diffente vs. the 140....good choice :T

I will be go with a power ampli rb1072, the 1062 as pre. a good speakercables and a cd player like Cambrice 640 and up or event. Rotel rcd1072.... small only in dimension!!!!!!

greetings Omar

Comment

• Dmantis
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by slteam6
        Hello,

I'm looking for an amp to drive a pair of dynaudio focus 110's. I'll be using low to medium volume for a 12' X 12' room so I'm not concerned with loud volumes, just want the details and warmth to come out of the speaker at lower volumes.

Will the 1062 integrated amp be enough? If anyone has experience with this combo - please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks!
        I think you will be fine. Rotel amps are fantastic even running 4 ohm load speakers like the Dyns. I own Dyns myself and know how difficult they are to drive. They like power and you can hear a huge difference when you give to to them. But in your room and volume needs, I don't see a huge need for seperates.

Comment

• vifferboy
          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by slteam6
          Hello,

Thanks!
          I have a pair of 110s and listened to them in the shop through a RA1062 they sounded so nice I bought them. I used a Rotel RA01 first and now have a Rotel RC1072 and RB1080.

Steve

Comment

• Boombox
            • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Dmantis
            I think you will be fine. Rotel amps are fantastic even running 4 ohm load speakers like the Dyns. I own Dyns myself and know how difficult they are to drive. They like power and you can hear a huge difference when you give to to them. But in your room and volume needs, I don't see a huge need for seperates.
            +1.

But make sure that power is very, very clean....and then you'll hear them sing!!!

I have Dynaudio Focus 140 hooked up to the RC1070/RB1070 combo and they sound fantastic @ 11 o'clock level, however, hooked up to my 40W Prima Luna Pro Logue 2 Tube amp the sound is 10x better. The tube amp has a much cleaner current and it is very noticable, particularly at low volumes. The deep bass from the PL is magical, the highs are not compromised and float around like smoke in the room....

Only drawback to the tube amp is that the SPL is not as big as with the Rotels, but then again, the detail, soundstage and imaging makes up for it.... :T
            Regards :T,

Boom....a.k.a...."The Box"

Comment

• Mig17
              • Jan 2008

I do own Rotel and dyanduio 52 Audience but

I think that Rotel 1062 is not the same leage for Dyanudio speakers

Please find something beter amps like Simaudio, Plinius...

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"