X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • H.Donald
    • Aug 2004

Cleaning your amps?

I was just on eBay looking at a used 1080.The seller in the ad said that he had just taken it in for cleaning and that Rotel reccomends this yearly.
    Is this true?Does anyone do that?It would be a pain in the rear to take my 1075 &1070 out of the cabinet.Also it seems it would make more sense to "clean" my rsp1068.
  • Glen B
    Super Senior Member
    • Jul 2004

At least once per year I have very carefully and gently removed excess dust from my amps using canned air and a soft anti-static brush. Some may find this to be too much but I consider it an ounce of prevention. After more than 32 years in this hobby, I have yet to encounter a problem with this practice.

Inside my amp after several years - spotless:
    Last edited by Glen B; 15 October 2004, 19:18 Friday.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

I guess it depends on how dusty your environment is. I've opened older amps and seen a lot of dust build up which casues heat build up which obviously isn't healthy...but I doubt most people need to do this on a yearly basis.

Comment

• Azeke
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2003

I do this more with computer equipment, that with my a/v equipment, just because it's easier access. However , whenever I open my a/v equipment for any reason, I do inspect to see if there is any dust or circuit board blemishes. But for the most part, I just keep my equipment away from dusty areas, i.e. heating/cooling vents etc. I also have a "dedicated dust rag" for my a/v equipment that I use when company comes over, or I feel the need for cleaning to minimize any dust buildup.

Regards,

Azeke

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"