X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ssavoy23
    • Aug 2004

RSP-1066 Digital Signal Lock delay problems

why is that when i forward to a scene (dvd) or track (cd) that there is a delay in the sound? can someone please help b/c this is very frustrating. i can't even hear the beginning of the sound and/or chapter w/o rewinded. :M
    Last edited by Aussie Geoff; 16 October 2004, 21:59 Saturday.
  • will1066
    • Aug 2003

It takes about a half-second for the processor to lock onto the digital signal from the player. When you forward a scene, the player stops sending the signal and restarts it.

Comment

• Kevin D
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2002

Originally posted by will1066
      It takes about a half-second for the processor to lock onto the digital signal from the player. When you forward a scene, the player stops sending the signal and restarts it.
      If the delay is longer than that, try different cables/players to see if it helps. Some DVD players aren't fully in spec on their digital outputs..

Kevin D.

Comment

• DrJRapp
        Super Senior Member
        • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Kevin D
        If the delay is longer than that, try different cables/players to see if it helps. Some DVD players aren't fully in spec on their digital outputs..

Kevin D.
        I had the same experience initially with my previous 1066. I found that with that by using the optical digital connection that switching time and frequency was reduced.
        OBTW, that seems not to be the case with the 1098. The 1098 does better on digital coax.
        Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• ssavoy23
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by DrJRapp
          I had the same experience initially with my previous 1066. I found that with that by using the optical digital connection that switching time and frequency was reduced.
          OBTW, that seems not to be the case with the 1098. The 1098 does better on digital coax.

thanks alot guys, but don't i lose quality by switching from coax to optical? i would hate to lose quality for something that won't even alleviate the problem. but i'll try it anyways.

Comment

• Mark_C.
            • Jan 2003

Optical, coax....it's all the same. Optical is a bit more fragile at the connectors, but you're only sending numbers from one source to another.

Comment

• jlee
              • Aug 2004

Coaxial in general will give you better performance as there is a larger selection of high quality cables in coaxial form than optical. Furthermore, optical cables introduce jitter. In GENERAL, Coaxial is the way to go.

Comment

• Mark_C.
                • Jan 2003

Originally posted by jlee
                Coaxial in general will give you better performance as there is a larger selection of high quality cables in coaxial form than optical. Furthermore, optical cables introduce jitter.
                You really believe that stuff?

Comment

• jlee
                  • Aug 2004

Not sure what you mean by "believe that stuff"... I can say that I believe my ears and when comparing optical with coaxial, I found the coaxial sounded better. However, I am open to your explanation on why there should be absolutely no difference between optical and coaxial.

Comment

• Azeke
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Mar 2003

I've always enjoyed these debates , but the fundamental answer to this ongoing debate is, what do your ears perceive as best.

Wouldn't you agree gentlemen?

Just my thoughts,

Azeke

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Oct 2003

Hi,

There is a long history of occasional posts on this issue with the RSP-1066 and RSX-1055. From memory my summary of the issue would be:
                      >> A 0.5 second delay is normal for DVD digital lock in or HDCD lock in on CDs
                      >> Some people seemed to get 2-3 second delays (annoying)
                      >> The issue is specific to the combination of CD/DVD player and the 1066/1055.
                      >> People who have changed from Coax to Fibre or visa versa have often had improvements (maybe different cable drivers in the CD or DVD player)
                      >> Equally a newer generation CD or DVD has helped (people have posted words like "Now I've got my new brand XX CD/DVD the annoying delay has gone...
                      >>I had a Denon receiver that had a similar problem with a specific model of Satellite TV box - just wouldn't lock in to the signal - yet the same box worked perfectly on my 1098!

Food for thought!

Geoff

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"