X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mjb
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

Processor Digital Lock

I was reading Goeffs excellent 1098/1068/1067 wish List, and noticed 'extended digital lock'. All I can say is YES PLEASE!

I suffer lots of relay clicking and lost audio while changing TV channels, between DVD menu loops, and even on a DVD layer change. Apparently, if the digital signal is lost, it switches over to the analog inputs. Why? I was going to ask how to stop this happening, but I see you can't!

So Rotel, please, please address this in a firmware update - its as annoying as can be - and was not an issue on my previous equipment. (Goeffs other suggestions are pretty cool too).

</soapbox>
    - Mike

Main System:
    B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
    Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100
  • NewBuyer
    • Feb 2005

I think that on some processers, like the B&K models, there is a parameter where you can choose how long the unit should wait, before it changes the signal. For instance, you can tell the unit to wait for, say, 5 seconds (I'm making this time value up), before it would change to analog if it temporarily loses the digital signal. The idea is that most likely the digital signal would be locked back in again before a full 5 seconds expires, and so the unit would end up staying in digital mode all the way through, seamlessly.

I agree, it would be kind of nice if Rotel had this or a similar feature too...

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"